No announcement yet.

Peacocks, Shipwrecks and Dr. Mudd....Dry Tortugas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super report and fantastic pics guys! What a trip!!! It amazes me that that 'ol fort holds together with all the years of water and weather.
    Love the "stalking coon" shot.
    Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Comment

• One last big photo dump...

just throwing some random one's in here from various parts of the trip.....

Beer inventory....

Camp NGTO..

The dishwasher....

Memorial for one of the fort's commander's who died from yellow fever along with his son.....

EG on a shelf.....

Getting low.....

There are no shortcuts to any place worth going--Beverly Sills

Comment

• Some more scenery

Some Cuban "drift" boats......

Comment

• The school of poons....

On the last day as we waited for the ferry to take us back to KW, EG and I walked the top of the fort. We spotted this large school of very large Tarpon setting up camp on the west side of the fort....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RToUoTwKhdk[/ame]

Comment

• Peacocks, Shipwrecks and Dr. Mudd....Dry Tortugas

I miss it already!

We need to figure out how to get them to eat.
            Last edited by Drifter; 05-17-16, 04:01 PM.
            The Drifter

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram

Comment

• Another incredible installment. You guys really got into fish this year.

G

Comment

• Are y’all thinking of doing this again? I hear it might be fun.
                sigpic
                ad illudendum , et in sibilum

"Laughter is my drug of choice"
                - B. Nelson, HSD, AA, BS, MS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, FFF CCI, ACI, PADI AD, OPP, OCD, ADHD, ODD, PIB, MIB, PBR, PB & J, General Manager of the World, Fluent in Sarcasm

TBoy to GB: "An education doesn't fix stupid, you're living proof of that "

"Your a Idiott" - RScott

I Beat Tommy King in a Spelling Bee.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gatorbyte View Post
                  Are y’all thinking of doing this again? I hear it might be fun.
                  It’s fun and yes we are going...but you’re not invited.
                  The Drifter

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifter View Post

It’s fun and yes we are going...but you’re not invited.
                    whoa....this thread really brings out the riff raff.......

still debating on doing this trip again or hanging out at the OS pool for a week....

Comment

Working...
                    X