Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's on Again

The Drifter

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram

Is this an open invite?
    -skunked

Warning: all posts should be assumed to contain sarcasm and misinformation unless stated otherwise. The opinions shared are not necessarily those of the poster.

Comment

65 days... Not that I'm counting or anything

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Gatorbyte; 03-16-17, 01:22 PM.
      There are no shortcuts to any place worth going--Beverly Sills

Comment

Originally posted by I_got_skunked View Post
        Is this an open invite?
        It would be...but unfortunately the ferry has been booked full for months....for kayak campers. Our group has all the kayak slots on the dates we are traveling. Sorry.
        The Drifter

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram

Comment

Is that Marquesas keys?
          "Something to think about: If you fish the wrong fly long and hard enough, it will sooner or later become the right fly."
          ~John Gierach~

Trophies are relative

Comment

It's the Dry Tortugas...about 70 miles south of Key West. We do pass through the Marquesas on the way.
            The Drifter

Follow me on Instagram

Comment

That's going to be an amazing trip, goes without saying but have a great trip
              "Something to think about: If you fish the wrong fly long and hard enough, it will sooner or later become the right fly."
              ~John Gierach~

Trophies are relative

Comment

Originally posted by Drifter View Post
                It would be...but unfortunately the ferry has been booked full for months....for kayak campers. Our group has all the kayak slots on the dates we are traveling. Sorry.
                Bummer, I've been to key west many a time, but have never made it out there. Have fun catching those monster snapper.
                -skunked

Warning: all posts should be assumed to contain sarcasm and misinformation unless stated otherwise. The opinions shared are not necessarily those of the poster.

Comment

Looks like it's going to fun...

Is this the video from last year's trip?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=koFlWXgX52E

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koFlWXgX52E[/ame]
                  Last edited by Gatorbyte; 03-16-17, 01:23 PM.
                  sigpic
                  ad illudendum , et in sibilum

"Laughter is my drug of choice"
                  - B. Nelson, HSD, AA, BS, MS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, FFF CCI, ACI, PADI AD, OPP, OCD, ADHD, ODD, PIB, MIB, PBR, PB & J, General Manager of the World, Fluent in Sarcasm

TBoy to GB: "An education doesn't fix stupid, you're living proof of that "

"Your a Idiott" - RScott

I Beat Tommy King in a Spelling Bee.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatorbyte View Post
                    Looks like it's going to fun...

Is this the video from last year's trip?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=koFlWXgX52E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koFlWXgX52E
                    Lmao......i will neither confirm nor deny being related to him.....

sent from two cans and a piece of string

Comment

And more video from last year...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dBsshdElF0[/ame]

sent from two cans and a piece of string

Comment

So, I'm looking at putting together a trip of my own. Are y'all renting those kayaks or making the drive down with them? If so, where do you rent them from if you don't mind me asking? I sold my kayak when I moved to GA and I don't think the DC guys in my crew would be willing to drive.
                        -skunked

Comment

It's on Again

We take our own.

There is a local guy in KW that rents them and will deliver to the dock the morning you depart. He picks them up when the Yankee Freedom arrives back in KW.

When you call the Yankee Freedom office to book your trip....ask them for the contact info for the guy. They work with him on a regular basis.

With that said....we've been preparing for the trip. I head that way end of April.
                          The Drifter

Follow me on Instagram

Comment

Im going with a guide out of Key West April 15th weekend and will be driving down there. I won't be taking my kayak, but plan on stopping along the way to Key West to fish. Any one out there have any suggestions for must stop and fish spots? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Spanish_Fly View Post
                              Im going with a guide out of Key West April 15th weekend and will be driving down there. I won't be taking my kayak, but plan on stopping along the way to Key West to fish. Any one out there have any suggestions for must stop and fish spots? Thanks!

Fishing from the shore/wading? Try Bahia Honda state park south of Marathon at the end of 7 mile Bridge. Atlantic side beaches has some structure and grass. Should be able to catch some various species of snapper if nothing else. Long Key State park may also be worth a stop too.

Comment

Working...
                              X