OBX BOUND

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBX BOUND

Well, it is official. I leave Saturday morning for 5 days of surf fishing on Hatteras Island, NC. The rigs are tied, the rods are strung, permits secured. We will be staying in Frisco and fishing the surf day and night. The goal is to put a citation red on the beach (40"+). I haven't fished the OBX in over 20 years so I am really psyched for this. Hatteras is a totally different level of fishing. The surf is pounding, the wind is whipping, the currents are ripping and still your trying to throw 6oz to the second bar all in the hopes of an encounter with a fish pushing 30, 40, 50+lbs. Thursday morning we have high tide, new moon and sunrise all occurring at the same time. That's got to mean something, doesn't it?
    Nelly, Bar the door! IT'S ON!!

Stand by for updates...
    These brook trout will strike any fly you present, provided you don't get close enough to present it.
    -- Dick Blalock

Have fun I hope to see some awesome pictures!
    http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

Comment

Sounds Awesome. Make sure your Photographer is standing by!

Comment

Oh man, that's a bucket list trip. I remember reading about surf fishing Hatteras in Robert Ruark's "Old Man and the Boy".

Comment

Good luck. Atlantic coast in the Carolina's is messed up fishing right now.
          No shrimp or bait fish to speak of hanging around Charleston.All day on the surf with out even a nibble
          Catch the energy
          Release the potential

Comment

Working...
          X