Callaway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Callaway

Has anyone fished Callaway Gardens in the past couple years? Do they still have a NGTO deal? Have done both the discounted two-fisherman day trip and the "club special" in past years. Love those beautiful lakes and those BIG bream!

I am also curious about this. Does anyone have any info about fishing there? Are you required to pay for a guide? Thanks.

Comment

Do they still stock trout in some of the lakes during the winter? It has been a while since I have seen any Calloway trout threads. That is also shoalie country. Are there any streams big enough for shoal bass around there?

Comment

...http://www.callawaygardens.com/blog/...s-in-november/

...here...

...been too long since I have been there...I have caught some monster shellcracker, bluegill, and largemouth out of Mountain Creek Lake...fished there since '60's...never been after trout there, but the guys I know have had great experiences...

Blessings!

Jimmy

Comment

I fished for trout there years ago and it was great fishing. The smallest rainbows i caught were sixteen inches, most were over twenty. It is lake fishing for trout, so bring some kind of sinking lines or use lots of split shot.

Comment

350 actual American dollars to fish for stockers dumped in a lake? After paying for lodging?

Shoot pay me and I'll take you to Big Canoe to put you on real lake stocker trout over 20".
            I like em big fat and sloppy.

Comment

Originally posted by browniez View Post
              350 actual American dollars to fish for stockers dumped in a lake? After paying for lodging?

Shoot pay me and I'll take you to Big Canoe to put you on real lake stocker trout over 20".
              Shoot, supposedly those lakes are deep enough and have springs in them that trout hold over through the warm parts of the year. I am not sure how this is possible.
              #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
              -Chinese Proverb

“At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
              -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
              -PH

Comment

Originally posted by Philhutch80 View Post
                Shoot, supposedly those lakes are deep enough and have springs in them that trout hold over through the warm parts of the year. I am not sure how this is possible.

My understanding is they stock in the fall and let catch and take in the spring as the water warms up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

And whatever is left over feeds the local fauna.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  "What's his offense?"
                  "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
                  ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

How much? Hopefully less than $350.

Comment

Originally posted by Aardvark View Post
                      How much? Hopefully less than $350.
                      Generally if I like you, you can just pay me in enjoyable conversation whilst fishing. Maybe a sausage egg and cheese on the way up, and you gotta bring the six pack lol.

Comment

Generally if I like you, you can just pay me in enjoyable conversation whilst fishing. Maybe a sausage egg and cheese on the way up, and you gotta bring the six pack lol.
                        And I thought I was a cheap date. Dang, Alex done lost his standards in Minnesota...
                        #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
                        -Chinese Proverb

“At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
                        -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
                        -PH

Comment

Six pack? Okay. I hope you like orange Fanta.

Comment

Originally posted by Aardvark View Post
                            Six pack? Okay. I hope you like orange Fanta.
                            Strawberry is also an option.

If we are going orange it has to be Orange Crush though.

Comment

Originally posted by Philhutch80 View Post

It's right outside a town called "warm springs" so I don't know about that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              "I don't hate trout fishing, just the people who trout fish."
                              -Our friend Nam, but secretly Ret

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Working...
                              X