Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Backyard Monsters

Hello NGTO,

I haven't made a post in a while but I thought today would be a good time to share some other options with the cold weather and rain. I've been practicing with conventional fishing gear figuring it'd help me learn a bit more about streamer fishing as well. I tied on a 2" husky jerk and made a cast along the bank of my backyard lake and was pleasantly surprised to reel in this big crappie. The lake itself has stunted bass due to overpopulation but these crappie and sunfish seem to get huge! The crappie was caught last week and this sunfish was last summer! What are some of your largest panfish/crappie?

More reports to come,

-Sighter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brooo nice crappie and what a bream! You got some bigguns in there! My neighborhood lake is the same minus the crappie. Bream are huge, bass are stunted, although the bream population is not what it used to be. Have a mess of carp in there as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thatís nasty. Pour some pond fertilizer in there...I bet you can get those up to 3lbs.
      We are the music-makers,
      And we are the dreamers of dreams,
      Wandering by lone sea-breakers
      And sitting by desolate streams;
      World losers and world forsakers,
      On whom the pale moon gleams.

Comment

Those are definitely some healthy slabs. Keep the posts/pic's coming.
        Tight lines!!

Doc

Comment

Thanks guys! Also Jakk, I noticed the same in my lake, the neighborhood actually drained a lot of it to dig it deeper and then refilled it. Lost a lot of good fish but I'm hoping the population rebounds.

Comment

A shellcracker that size on a 2 weight will give you a fit. Biggest shellcracker I ever caught growing up was 2 1/2 pounds just over 15 inches long and pulled like a freight train. I love em!!
            I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

------Team Norvise------
            sigpic

Comment

I wish that guy was 2 1/2 lbs 😂 he was definitely past 1 though! Even on a medium action conventional rod the shellcracker was pulling like no other! He slammed a white spinner

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                A shellcracker that size on a 2 weight will give you a fit. Biggest shellcracker I ever caught growing up was 2 1/2 pounds just over 15 inches long and pulled like a freight train. I love em!!
                Same here I love catching(and eating) them, if they got big as bass I'd never be able to land them because man they pull hard!

Comment

Working...
                X