Walleye!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walleye!

For those interested in catching walleye . . . check the General Information forum for Dredger's report this week.
    I'm so old I remember when men wore tattoos and women wore earrings.
    -Lefty Kreh

Yep the Walleye are moving in. I caught these 2 males friday night in Hartwell up near Yonah dam. 1 1/2 to 2lb. they hit a rapala firetiger minnow crankbait. Had 5 hits, hooked 3 and landed these two. Very tough to land these fish in the swift water. They were letting a lot of water out of Yonah.
    Attached Files
    Never to cold to be on the water!

Comment

...we used to catch Sauger in Hartwell years ago...my cousin, who lived there, took me a few times...they are from the same family as Walleye, I think...I never learned the difference...no matter, because they were fun to catch and better to eat...we used spinning gear and SR-5 Rapalas...yellow perch pattern...

Blessings!

Jimmy

Comment

Originally posted by TitanTim2004 View Post
        Yep the Walleye are moving in. I caught these 2 males friday night in Hartwell up near Yonah dam. 1 1/2 to 2lb. they hit a rapala firetiger minnow crankbait. Had 5 hits, hooked 3 and landed these two. Very tough to land these fish in the swift water. They were letting a lot of water out of Yonah.
        Very cool, nice work
        Release to da grease!

Comment

Anyone know how to target these fish in Lanier? I've heard they are in there, but I've never seen one before! Would love to catch one and check that box.

Comment

Originally posted by Dsaporsky View Post
            Anyone know how to target these fish in Lanier? I've heard they are in there, but I've never seen one before! Would love to catch one and check that box.
            From what I know, and it aint much, they are pretty elusive unless you are a hardcore walleye guy and use those tactics. The spring run up the river is one way to target them. I think the rain screwed that up. Trolling at depths is another method, downriggers, weighted line. I spoke to a guy up at Thompson Bridge ramp a few weeks back and he normally goes up to Fontana rather than spend time on Lanier and he lives in Dahlonega. I am multi species guy and fish Lanier a fair amount, don't hear many people target them specifically. Kinda like a banded duck or tagged fish, really a lucky by catch rather than a targeted species.
            But I could be entirely wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Dsaporsky View Post
              Downrigger trolling

Comment

http://georgiawildlife.com/fishing/recordprogram

...check out the Walleye on this site...

Blessings!

Jimmy

Comment

Working...
                X