The Big One that got away...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big One that got away...

Allatoona is only a few miles from home so I went yesterday for a couple of hours. Something hit my Senko hard and took off like a freight train for the middle of the lake. About 75 feet away it jumped out of the water and shook the hook loose leaving me standing there wondering what the **** had happened. It would have easily been the biggest bass Iíd ever caught. I guess there was a reason he/she got so big. Of course nobody was around to see Moby Dick get away.

I hate when that happens.

At least you got bit. went to Lanier with daughter #3 today and the skunk got us. Couldn't get out of the wind on my crappie spots.
    Any word on hybrids-whites running up the river yet?

Comment

Originally posted by AllTimeLow View Post
      At least you got bit. went to Lanier with daughter #3 today and the skunk got us. Couldn't get out of the wind on my crappie spots.
      Iím still new to the ĎToona but pretty sure I read white bass and stripers move into Little River in mid-March. The crappie bite is on but I havenít fished for them in many years. I donít like messing with live bait and still learning about jigs.

Comment

Originally posted by AllTimeLow View Post
        This was a few years ago but the dates might be accurate.

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=837696

Comment

Originally posted by richf7 View Post
          It would have easily been the biggest bass Iíd ever caught.
          Amazing how often that the one that got away always would have been the biggest fish you ever caught!
          Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
          Simple Goat Herder
          Former NGTO President
          Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Henry View Post
            Amazing how often that the one that got away always would have been the biggest fish you ever caught!
            defiantly a phenomenon. Hard to get those fish out of my head. Had several last year, each was bigger than the last!
            " Is it ignorance or is it apathy?
            Hey man I don't know and I don't care" Jimmy Buffet

Comment

Lmao so true. In all honesty though the larger fish do get away like that. As stated in the OP, they seem to have higher skill levels and unfortunately sometimes for us those skills can surpass our own.

My tip for that situation is to keep rod low and bow to the fish when he jumps. Something I learned on Tarpon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

And it gets bigger all the time!

Comment

I lost a bass once that I know was over 10 pounds. How I know you ask?

She had her own scales.
                  BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
                  Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

Originally posted by fishnpreacher View Post
                    I lost a bass once that I know was over 10 pounds. How I know you ask?

She had her own scales.
                    Please scale back on the fish jokes.

Comment

Please scale back on the fish jokes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Double post

Comment

Okay. That does it. Those pics are nothing more than a fluke.

Comment

Okay. That does it. Those pics are nothing more than a fluke.
                            Would all of you please FIN-ish with the fish puns please?

Kelly Hinson

Comment

Losing the biggest fish of a lifetime, just gives us another reason to buy more equipment in our quest..Been there, done that, so I understand how it feels. Keep on trucking rich7!
                              Tight lines!!

Doc

Comment

Working...
                              X