Hood Pond Part II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hood Pond Part II

Well, I hadn't yet satisfied my fix, so I grabbed my long rod and hit the hood pond again..The flies I tied and have attached aren't worthy of being shown here, but they have worked for me..I will say that although this LM didn't seem as feisty as the spot from a few days ago, he was larger and made me work to bring him to shore..Anyway, I am only posting my flies to show what I have been tossing - please be kind with comments..
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jonmo; 08-26-18, 05:58 PM.
    Tight lines!!

Doc

If it works, that's all that matters. Nice job.

Comment

Only critique I have to offer is it sounds like you need to work on your confidence; that is a great looking fly! Proportions are great, not too bulky or slim, and a good clean tie.
      "Everyone blows their money on stupid stuff. Just choose which stupid you want and roll with it."

Mark

Comment

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback - and confidence booster flyfisher (that pic was taken after using it yesterday)..
        Tight lines!!

Doc

Comment

Nice work and nice fish!

Comment

Spots in general are more feisty than largemouths. I always expect to pull in much bigger fish after hooking a spot.

Comment

I agree with you Aardvark..I certainly thought it was a larger LM that I hooked, until it went really airborne..We know LMs are noted for jumping, but this son of a gun had real jumps..Can't wait for the next one..Thanks for reading, and commenting!!
              Tight lines!!

Doc

Comment

Working...
              X