Lance Egan's Red Dart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lance Egan's Red Dart

Any experience with this fly on the Hooch? It caught my eye as it is similar to several of my go to's combined into one fly. Thoughts?

I tied up a few using what I had other day to try out so hopefully once the releases stop I can let you know. Like you said it has similarities to several go to flies so it should work.
    Attached Files

Comment

I have found that these flies work better on stockers in the hooch tail waters. If you go up into the mountains they seem to work pretty well on wild fish too.
      "Be patient and calm - for no one can catch fish in anger." - Herbert Hoover

Comment

Originally posted by Trout "R" View Post
        I have found that these flies work better on stockers in the hooch tail waters. If you go up into the mountains they seem to work pretty well on wild fish too.
        Agree, I've had success with these on N. Ga. wild trout streams. It's worth noting that the version in this video is a little different from Egan's; Egan uses peacock ice dub (rather than peacock herl), and he adds a piece of tippet wrapped around the body for additional durability.
        Last edited by 3-wt; 01-14-19, 06:28 AM.
        "A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined..." George Washington

Comment

Working...
        X