Blue Assassin?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Assassin?

I'm looking for a pattern for a fly called a "Blue Assassin"; anyone ever heard of it. It's a nymph pattern and I haven't been able to find it anywhere. I know it exists (maybe under a different name?), because I was given a handful of them once as a go to pattern on the Hooch. I have since used them up and want to tie some more. I have a good idea of the ingredients but was curious to see if I could find the "official" recipe. Thanks guys!

I have not heard of a blue assassin, but I have heard of a Berry nymph.

Did it look something like this, but blue ?

Here is a link to Umpqua site:

http://orders.montanaflyfishing.com/...mph-rooks.aspx

However, I know The Fish Hawk carries these and other blue nymphs.

Also here is a thread discussing the berry nymph:

http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/foru...ad.php?t=71165
    Nothing is impossible the impossible just takes a little longer. So take your time and enjoy the experience.

Comment

Any fly with the word ASSASSin has to be second cousin to the Mr.Copper...lol
      Dennis C...""Giving Stripers everywhere a bad day!!""

Comment

Originally posted by keongto View Post
        I'm looking for a pattern for a fly called a "Blue Assassin"; anyone ever heard of it. It's a nymph pattern and I haven't been able to find it anywhere. I know it exists (maybe under a different name?), because I was given a handful of them once as a go to pattern on the Hooch. I have since used them up and want to tie some more. I have a good idea of the ingredients but was curious to see if I could find the "official" recipe. Thanks guys!
        I bought one at Unicoi in Blue Ridge last Sunday . Maybe you could give them a call.

Comment

On here. Look down at the very last one. Kind of the blueish rainbow warrior thing

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...d=134827944024

Chris scalley gave me one last summer. Have caught the occasional stocker whenever I put it on
          Can you Quack??

Comment

Originally posted by skibum View Post
            Any fly with the word ASSASSin has to be second cousin to the Mr.Copper...lol
            Bum, please don't conjure up any demons

Comment

Originally posted by zacmac2112 View Post
              Bum, please don't conjure up any demons
              No conjure...I got a big smile from bums comments.

Comment

I am evil arent I..lol

Whatcha doin in Oklahoma? Hey got an idea.. Can we fish in the morning and chase tornados in the afternoon.. I'd be all over that trip.. Say hey to the TIV if you see it rolling down the road. Or head for cover if it's park outside your house.. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Labrador View Post
                  No conjure...I got a big smile from bums comments.
                  I wasn't on the forum when whatever it was went down. But can say I am familiar with the individual. It was an expensive boat ride

Comment

RBL, I also received a couple of "handouts" from one of the River Thru Atlanta guys. Have since used them all up so looking to tie some more.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Comment

groundpounder-- you didn't catch any "bigins" ?

Comment

The fish heard about the $3.50 per Mr.Copper and were stunned with stickershock...lol Im here all week

Comment

Originally posted by The Ole Man View Post
                          groundpounder-- you didn't catch any "bigins" ?
                          I would have been happy with a stocker that day!
                          On a good note though I did get to see alot of beautiful water. I'll return to float the river on my own one of these days.

Comment

Originally posted by skibum View Post
                            I am evil arent I..lol

Whatcha doin in Oklahoma? Hey got an idea.. Can we fish in the morning and chase tornados in the afternoon.. I'd be all over that trip.. Say hey to the TIV if you see it rolling down the road. Or head for cover if it's park outside your house.. lol
                            Building an apartment complex, not to much happening in ATL in regards to construction these days.

I will make a triumphant return in August just in time to book a guided trip on the TACO-a for some serious streamer fishing!

Comment

This post hasn’t been touched in a while, but it is one of the few places on the web that mentions this fly. Can anyone provide a picture and recipe for the blue assassin? I was at Settles Bridge on Sunday evening and I saw one of the most beautiful browns caught/released on one… and I need that fly pattern! Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Last edited by KypeWerks; 07-25-11, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X