purple hare

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• purple hare

The purple hare. My first fly, it has caught a couple fish as a dropper behind a woolly bugger.

Hook: nymph 18
    Thread: UTC 70 pink
    Body: purple zonker used as dub
    Back & Tail: mockingbird
    Rib: gold tinsle

Last edited by grasshopperking; 07-28-18, 11:58 PM.

Nice looking fly! Purple hare with gold tinsel. . . My two favorite colors when put together! (You'll figure out why when football season rolls around.) I've always had issues with fish that hit any purple and gold fly I tie. I wonder if they hit it because they're LSU fans like me and they wanted to be close to it. But then I wonder if they hit it because they despise LSU and wanted to crush it. If I ever find out it's the latter, I'm gonna EAT those trout!

Good looking fly for certain! I have no doubt that plenty of fish are gonna line up to have their lips pierced by that one.
    If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

Swampy, they're Uga fans... lol

purple is a great color.
      Are those beads on the back of the hook?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I can see why you have already caught a few fish on that fly..Nice job!
        Tight lines!!

Doc

Comment

Splatek, those are gold tinsel raps that look like beads from that angle.

Swamp angel, Nick Saban is the second coming. The trout are UA fans.

Comment

Originally posted by grasshopperking View Post

That fly will never catch a trout if it's a UA fan... Not in Georgia waters... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nick Saban was stolen from LSU by a bunch of Bammers who wanted our coach. He was laundered through Miami like drug dealers launder their money through Miami. There's limited space here for me to go into the details of the conspiracy, but meet me at the Fall Fling (on the day of the LSU/Bama game) and I'll show you the truth of the matter.
              If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

The purple hare. My first fly, it has caught a couple fish as a dropper behind a woolly bugger.

Hook: nymph 18
                Thread: UTC 70 pink
                Body: purple zonker used as dub
                Back & Tail: mockingbird
                Rib: gold tinsle
                You list "mockingbird" as a material used on the fly. I'm hoping that is a to this point unknown material and not feathers you picked up from under the bird feeder. That could be an expensive fly if confronted by DNR or Fed's. I picked up a dead blue bird years ago and then found out it would be a bad idea to use it for tying flies.
                Want to hear God laugh? Tell Him your plans.

Comment

Working...
                X