Making some progress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making some progress

Finally got three Iím fairly proud of, obviously still a long way to go but I feel Iím make progress!!
    Attached Files
    minimumexposure on IG

Looking good!
    THEY TRIED TO BURY US BUT THEY DID NOT KNOW WE WERE SEEDS

Comment

Looking real good - you should be proud of those..Keep it going!!
      Tight lines!!

Doc

Comment

Definitely good looking flies! Keep tying as practice is the key to getting better.
        One bit of a tip might be to thin out your dubbing noodle on the fly in the bigger pic. The dubbing typically goes on more smoothly if more wraps of a thinner noodle is used. You can then use a dubbing brush (or the rough side of Velcro) to bring out the bushiness of the dubbing if you wish.
        Good job and those will catch fish all day long!
        - Jed Green

"I will make you fishers of men" - Christ
        Bamboo rods, Clear streams, and old Jeeps

Comment

They look great and they will fish fine, they will fish really well, actually.
          I've tied a fly with nothing but thread and caught fish.
          If it looks like food, they'll try it, just gotta be quick on the hookset.

Comment

Originally posted by Dawg Vet View Post
            Definitely good looking flies! Keep tying as practice is the key to getting better.
            One bit of a tip might be to thin out your dubbing noodle on the fly in the bigger pic. The dubbing typically goes on more smoothly if more wraps of a thinner noodle is used. You can then use a dubbing brush (or the rough side of Velcro) to bring out the bushiness of the dubbing if you wish.
            Good job and those will catch fish all day long!
            Good tip, thank you!!! Caught a bunch at the dam today on a wire body nymph...UV resin is awesome!!!
            minimumexposure on IG

Comment

Working...
            X