Moonshine Midge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moonshine Midge

This pattern flat out spanks fish on the upper part of the Chattahoochee and has consistently caught fish everywhere else I have used it. I am still working on my video quality but the next few should look better than this one.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sItOSE6_ZHk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sItOSE6_ZHk[/ame]
    Last edited by Swamp Angel; 11-19-16, 04:44 PM.
    http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

I believe this is a fly I tied on today and promptly gave it up to a log in deep water. I have another one in my arsenal that looks like the same fly, so I will give it a try next time out. I like your flies Big T, they work for me.
    "Why me Lord what have I ever done to deserve even one of the pleasures I've known" - Kris Kristofferson

Comment

Thank you Big T
      THEY TRIED TO BURY US BUT THEY DID NOT KNOW WE WERE SEEDS

Comment

Nice fly and video T.

Comment

That fly looks familiar Nice video T. Is that filmed with gopro or another camera?
          I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

------Team Norvise------
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
            That fly looks familiar Nice video T. Is that filmed with gopro or another camera?
            It's a canon camera. The go pro I have won't focus close enough. I think I have the right distance and lighting on a couple new ones I am working on right now.
            http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

Comment

Looks good to me. Well done.
              I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

------Team Norvise------
              sigpic

Comment

Big T's "moonshine midge" flat out catches trout.. period! That one fly made me look like I knew what I was doing for a couple hours!
                (Great video, great fly and a solid dude that invented it).
                "If you aren`t fishing out West.... well you`re just plain fishing"

Comment

That's a great looking fly, and simple which means I shouldn't screw it up too badly.

Comment

Originally posted by YERF DOG View Post
                    Big T's "moonshine midge" flat out catches trout.. period! That one fly made me look like I knew what I was doing for a couple hours!
                    (Great video, great fly and a solid dude that invented it).
                    I second that. T is a good guy despite what I say about him!

------Team Norvise------
                    sigpic

Comment

Looks like a great fly!! Curious what brand whip finisher you're using
                      "Something to think about: If you fish the wrong fly long and hard enough, it will sooner or later become the right fly."
                      ~John Gierach~

Trophies are relative

Comment

I'd like to thank Big T for this pattern. I tied up a couple dozen last week and went to Frog Hollow to test them. The fish ate them up. Then, yesterday went back to Frog Hollow to assist with a group of vets who fished there. The new stockers loved the Moonshine Midge as well as some of the other guides/helpers. I wound up giving away everything that I had tied and will be working on some more this coming weekend.

One observation that has me baffled. We could see the fish stacked up in a couple of holes. You could throw out almost any fly and catch one of two fish, but no more. If I then changed flies, it was possible to catch one or two more on the new fly. It's almost as if the trout could see that their buddies were hooked on a specific fly, and would no longer eat that particular one. I hate to draw any conclusions from this, but are the fish smarter than we give them credit for or was it simply an aberration? Anyone else ever seen anything like this?

Also... a big Thank You to Jason Weeks for the beautiful 7 1/2 ft 3wt bamboo rod that he built. The rod handled those 13-18" fish without any difficulty whatsoever and I look forward to fishing it for many years to come.
                        "Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
                        -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

File this under "For what it's worth":

According to Gatorbyte....I know right? He says trout do not have a cerebral cortex and therefore are incapable of reasoning.
                          The Drifter

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram

Comment

Alright I tied them up and an awful experience. The fish would not stop biting it. I used it at Hatchery Creek on the Cumberland River and caught 48 fish that day, most of them on the Moonshine. Awesome fly thanks again for sharing it.

Comment

So, Big T, when you say "midges, midges" and I believe one time you said "...midges", is this like one you're referring to?

(trying to up my midge game and downsize my offerings some, and 'midge' still seems to me like such it can be an indefinite term in the fly fishing world )

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                              _yero on instagram

Comment

Working...
                              X