Big T's OWB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big T's OWB

I wanted to make sure I had a fly for dyslexic trout so I tied up an Olive Winged Blue.

http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

[

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

So, designed to catch dyslexic trout?

As usual, looks like a fish catcher!
    Last edited by fishnpreacher; 03-12-19, 09:11 PM.
    BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
    Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

Good looking fly! What materials you using??

Just an FYI but dyslexia has VERY little if anything to do with reading backwards or even reversals (b's and d's). Most public educators aren't even aware of this which is SAD but not really surprising considering the state of public education. Dyslexia results from a neurological condition that causes deficits in phonemic awareness (another story). Those impacted with dyslexia read at MUCH slower rates than those not impacted by dyslexia but have NO HIGHER RATES of reversals or as many say "reading backwards" than the rest of us. Sorry to get off track just a pet peeve of mine as I work with children impacted by dyslexia. Now you can all go teach your children's teachers something

Comment

Originally posted by TomRC View Post
        Good looking fly! What materials you using??

Just an FYI but dyslexia has VERY little if anything to do with reading backwards or even reversals (b's and d's). Most public educators aren't even aware of this which is SAD but not really surprising considering the state of public education. Dyslexia results from a neurological condition that causes deficits in phonemic awareness (another story). Those impacted with dyslexia read at MUCH slower rates than those not impacted by dyslexia but have NO HIGHER RATES of reversals or as many say "reading backwards" than the rest of us. Sorry to get off track just a pet peeve of mine as I work with children impacted by dyslexia. Now you can all go teach your children's teachers something
        Thanks for the clarification that is very interesting. I think just about everyone I know has it wrong. Good for you working with those kids I know that has to be a difficult thing for them to deal with.

The body of the fly is Fluorescent blue pheasant tail with a gunmetal blue wire ribbing. Olive dubbing for the thorax, holographic blue tinsel for the wing case and olive hen cape feather for the hackle.

I tied that one on a size 14 jig hook with a 3,0mm slotted tungsten bead. Hopefully we can get some flies wet soon!
        http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

[

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

Comment

now only if you had a chance to get on the river and test it.
          good looking fly.

Comment

Working...
          X