• Show
Clear All

• Li'l Tyin last nite

Light Cahill variation.
    " When you are retired, everyday is Saturday "
    David

Nice looking fly!

Comment

Great lookin tye. I need to learn to make mine fatter like that. The last cahills I tyed looked good except they looked like they"d been on a hunger strike for a while. I don't know I always look back at my flys and think I wished I'd did this different or something like I wished I'd made the tails shorter or longer. That fly will catch fish, good job dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Neal37 View Post
        Great lookin tye. I need to learn to make mine fatter like that. The last cahills I tyed looked good except they looked like they"d been on a hunger strike for a while. I don't know I always look back at my flys and think I wished I'd did this different or something like I wished I'd made the tails shorter or longer. That fly will catch fish, good job dude.
        Yep I usually tie my dry's body skinny but got carried away last night. Might be good to make'm look fat and juicy!
        David

Comment

That is a really nice looking fly!! I really need to learn to tie dry flies.
          http://southernflyfishing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Really nice looking Cahill Redtop. I still have not taught myself to tie one of those yet.

What Size hook is that tied on ?
            Nothing is impossible the impossible just takes a little longer. So take your time and enjoy the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowStreamer View Post
              Really nice looking Cahill Redtop. I still have not taught myself to tie one of those yet.

What Size hook is that tied on ?
              Thanks Y'all
              Hook is 94840 Mustad #12
              David

Comment

That looks great. I have just got to learn more about fishing dries. About all I have fished so far are nymphs, but I love catching bass on top, so that seems like the next step for me in fly fishing.

P.S. Every time I see that brisket you have as an avatar, Redtop, I drool. That's some good looking meat right there.
                Last edited by scallen2112; 02-17-10, 06:37 PM.
                "To be is to do." - Aristotle
                "To do is to be." - Niche
                "Do do be de do be de do.." - Sinatra

Comment

Actually Catskill style flies are tied with a slim body. Look at the Quill Gordon or a red quill. They are usually tyed with a heavy hackle meaning two hackles. Also the tails are long and slim. Just sayin. Here are some very well tyed Catskill flies.http://www.classictrout.com or http://www.danica.com
                  Last edited by narcodog; 02-17-10, 07:00 PM.
                  "I like beer, do you like beer, I like beer a lot."

Comment

Originally posted by narcodog View Post
                    Actually Catskill style flies are tied with a slim body. Look at the Quill Gordon or a red quill. They are usually tyed with a heavy hackle meaning two hackles. Also the tails are long and slim. Just sayin. Here are some very well tyed Catskill flies. [url]http://www.classictrout.com or http://www.danica.com
                    Oops. The calssictroutflies link is showing as "not found"?? Getting an "error" on the danica link as well.

Comment

Fixed it.
                      "I like beer, do you like beer, I like beer a lot."

Comment

Originally posted by scallen2112 View Post
                        Oops. The calssictroutflies link is showing as "not found"?? Getting an "error" on the danica link as well.
                        Well, it came up that time. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by scallen2112 View Post
                          P.S. Every time I see that brisket you have as an avatar, Redtop, I drool. That's some good looking meat right there.
                          Thanks
                          It is get'n bout time to smoke another one.

Narcodog:I will continue to practice my tyin. Maybe I will have a better Catskill example next time.
                          David

Comment

Working...
                          X