2017 NGTO Christmas Fly Tying Swap and Charity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Suburban Angler View Post
    You can count me in! I'll tie up some mini-leeches and include some of my logo stickers.
    Thanks Suburban! That'd be awesome! I'm sure everyone could use a few leeches for those high and dirty days. Also, I'll be sure to put that sticker on the donation fly box.

Im in if there's still room. I'll tie a sexy walts worm
    Fortunately there's room! The number of participants and what flies they'll be tying is located on the bottom of the original post. Those jigged, hotspot Walt's worms absolutely slay browns on the Hooch regardless of season.

Also a minor announcement, I fly back home to GA on the 14th of this month and will be sending out relevant PM's of my address and making sure everyone is still participating. If not, please let me know to open up your spot.

To those who are not participating, you should!!

Comment

Originally posted by Budwick View Post
      Siiiiick, love me some leeches. I stuck a buck brookie with an olive simi seal one on the Nantahala a month or so ago.
      Awesome, I hope these will bring you the same luck again!!

[QUOTE=Sighter;889170]Thanks Suburban! That'd be awesome! I'm sure everyone could use a few leeches for those high and dirty days. Also, I'll be sure to put that sticker on the donation fly box.

Never a bad fly to have! Even the 'gills love 'em!! Thanks!
      Stop by for a visit! www.TheSuburbanAngler.com

Comment

Sighter let me know where to send these just shoot me a PM.

http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
          Sighter let me know where to send these just shoot me a PM.

PM sent! Those flies and fly box look perfect for the amount of flies we're trying to donate, I'll be sure to tie some extra so we can fill it up more. Thanks for taking the time to do something for the greater good!

Comment

If there’s room, put me in. I will tie one of my favorites, a biot body nymph called a Red Baron. I know Big T will be glad to see mine in there as he knows he gets to sell me more beads and hooks!
            Dick Daniel

Comment

Sighter
              If there is still room, I would love to participate. And if you are full I will still send some flies for the charity.
              I would be tying a shaggy bugger.
              "Be patient and calm - for no one can catch fish in anger." - Herbert Hoover

Comment

Didaniel and Trout r there definitely is space available! I'll add you to the list in the first post at the bottom where you can see all the participants and what flies they'll be tying! We have spots for 2 more people, If anyone else wants to join the deadline is this Tuesday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Couple more and they're out the door! Sighter, look for these in about a day or two depending on USPS.
                  Attached Files
                  "Releasing a fish is that much sweeter, letting go of the ephemeral back into the void, to return to where it, and our dreams, can grow." - Jason Tucker

Instagram @_big_wurm

Comment

Originally posted by Budwick View Post
                    Couple more and they're out the door! Sighter, look for these in about a day or two depending on USPS.
                    Those look awesome!! I look forward to receiving them and sending you your flies once I get everyone's! Thanks for doing this early

Comment

Bout finished myself, threw in some classics for the box. Budwick those look good can't wait to fish it. Big up to John for bringing back the swap.

We are the music-makers,
                      And we are the dreamers of dreams,
                      Wandering by lone sea-breakers
                      And sitting by desolate streams;
                      World losers and world forsakers,
                      On whom the pale moon gleams.

Comment

Ready To Ship

Ok
                        All of my have-to's are done with a few filler flies.
                        Will ship tomorrow.
                        Thanks for letting me participate!!!
                        Last edited by Trout "R"; 05-09-18, 07:16 AM.
                        "Be patient and calm - for no one can catch fish in anger." - Herbert Hoover

Comment

Thank you Trout R and Gout!! Those look amazing and I'll be sure to look out for them!

Also, big thanks to Budwick who sent his flies in early and donated 3 flies instead of just 1! They look awesome and I know I'm going to be fishing the one I got tomorrow

I will be updating the first post with "Received" next to your name to confirm if I have received your flies. If you sent them and the post hasn't been updated, give it a day, and if it still hasn't been updated send me a PM. Hopefully they didn't get lost in the mail. Also, please don't forget to include a stamp or two for return shipping and remember that the deadline to send those flies to me is Saturday December 30th!

Thanks guys, it was really exciting to see some great flies/talent

Comment

I finished up the flies I tied!! Here is a sample of one, they are size 10 and should work as an anchor as they all have .015 lead free wire wraps and a 1/8" tungsten bead.

Also huge thanks to Big T for donating a fly box and 21 flies! I'm doing my best to try and fill up this box to the brim.

Thanks you guys and I'll be sure to keep y'all updated.

Comment

Ready too.

Required as well as a few box fillers.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Those look great Didaniel!! Thanks for adding to the charity box too, it's greatly appreciated. Let me know when you send them so I can keep an eye out for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X