Size 18 Aquatic Biomass Subsurface Indigenous Scavenger Nymph

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Size 18 Aquatic Biomass Subsurface Indigenous Scavenger Nymph

After long hours of researching and studying the BigT's Hooch Aquatic Biomass theory, I came up with this fly designed specifically to penetrate the aquatic biomass, undulate through the current, pierce through the algae and forage along the bottom like a scavenger and target all cold water species of trout indigenous to this area. Without further ado.........I present to you the Aquatic Biomass Subsurface Indigenous Scavenger Nymph or AB Scavenger for short.

AB Scavenger 2 by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

AB Scavenger by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr
    Last edited by Prowler; 02-14-18, 11:23 PM.
    I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

------Team Norvise------
    sigpic

That's yummy. I tie something with those colors but not as purty as that one with the double beads and pt legs.
    http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
      That's yummy. I tie something with those colors but not as purty as that one with the double beads and pt legs.
      Lol looks like a skittle Taste the rainbow! only one bead though
      I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

------Team Norvise------
      sigpic

Comment

Great tie! I had a similar concoction I forgot to post. Great minds and all that.
        Splurged and got the Deer Creek Diamond Fine UV Rez on a tip today in the mail and played around with it some. It costs an arm and a leg but I like it way better than Loon. Well see how it hold up.

We are the music-makers,
        And we are the dreamers of dreams,
        Wandering by lone sea-breakers
        And sitting by desolate streams;
        World losers and world forsakers,
        On whom the pale moon gleams.

Comment

Originally posted by GoutUnlimited View Post
          Great tie! I had a similar concoction I forgot to post. Great minds and all that.
          Splurged and got the Deer Creek Diamond Fine UV Rez on a tip today in the mail and played around with it some. It costs an arm and a leg but I like it way better than Loon. Well see how it hold up.

I tie tons of perdigons and the loon UV resins are garbage imo

Deer creek is much better but the best one Iíve came across is solarez bone dry,
          Give it a try when you run out of deer creek and I think youíll like it

Itís a good hard and clear finish thatís not tacky at all

Comment

Originally posted by wspanic View Post
            I tie tons of perdigons and the loon UV resins are garbage imo

Deer creek is much better but the best one I’ve came across is solarez bone dry,
            Give it a try when you run out of deer creek and I think you’ll like it

It’s a good hard and clear finish that’s not tacky at all
            Thanks. I was actually wondering about the solarez as it came up in the suggestions when I got the deer creek. The loon gets tacky for sure unless I use a very thin coat and spread with a brush. And a second coat doesn't always help, then some people say use another coat of sally which kinda defeats the purpose. I get confused with the torches they suggest using with different finishes (lumens, blue light, purple light, etc) but I'm sure its some sales gimmick and doesn't make that much of a difference.
            We are the music-makers,
            And we are the dreamers of dreams,
            Wandering by lone sea-breakers
            And sitting by desolate streams;
            World losers and world forsakers,
            On whom the pale moon gleams.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
              After long hours of researching and studying the BigT's Hooch Aquatic Biomass theory, I came up with this fly designed specifically to penetrate the aquatic biomass, undulate through the current, pierce through the algae and forage along the bottom like a scavenger and target all cold water species of trout indigenous to this area. Without further ado.........I present to you the Aquatic Biomass Subsurface Indigenous Scavenger Nymph or AB Scavenger for short.

AB Scavenger 2 by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

AB Scavenger by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

Man that looks awesome... I'd like to tie some of those but I have no idea what you used for the body. What's the red head above the bead if its not another bead? Resin over thread?
              "Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed with the things you didn't do than by the things you didÖ Explore. Dream. Discover" Mark Twain, 1879

Comment

Great tie Prowler! I tie a similar one using veevus body quill and 140 fl orange thread in the back.

Also, +1 on the Solarez Bone Dry. I bought some at Alpharetta outfitters and it's the bomb. Cures fast, no tack, and almost no odor. Problem is that it's pretty thin stuff, so if you want to build a bulkier wing case it'll take around 3 coats. However, I'd rather my UV thin that requires layering rather than super thick.

Comment

Working...
                X