Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Size 14 Holy Grail

2018-11-08_09-30-06 by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr
    I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

------Team Norvise------
    sigpic

That's one of my favorites so far Kevin. Really great tie!
    Tight lines!!

Doc

Comment

Great looking fly and a proven fish catcher!
      BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
      Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

Thanks Jonmo and preacher. It's an oldie but a goodie. I'd hit it if I was a trout
        I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

------Team Norvise------
        sigpic

Comment

That is a classic and a killer. It seems an easy tie but difficult to get it looking just right. You nailed it (again).
          These brook trout will strike any fly you present, provided you don't get close enough to present it.
          -- Dick Blalock

Comment

Great looking fly! What dubbing did you use? Looks like squirrel SLF or similar.
            Thanks
            - Jed Green

"I will make you fishers of men" - Christ
            Bamboo rods, Clear streams, and old Jeeps

Comment

That looks great; I have caught a lot a hooch tailwater fish on that pattern in black. Of course I didn't tie it, I bought it, but it works, for sure.
              I think 3-wt had some luck with it at one point too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dawg Vet View Post
                Great looking fly! What dubbing did you use? Looks like squirrel SLF or similar.
                Thanks
                Its hare'e dubbing. It's a mixture of ice dub and light green hares ear. I really like the stuff. Gives flies really buggy look.

------Team Norvise------
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X