Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another trick for cleaning out the female ferrules is to take the proper size twist drill bit and fill the grooves with OOOO steel wool, moisten with alcohol and SLOWLY insert into the ferrule while slowly twisting in the 'reverse' direction (counter clockwise) . Twisting in the 'reverse' direction greatly minimizes the potential for the 'cutting edge' of the bit from actually cutting/scratching the inside wall.

Comment

Wax

I currently own 15 bamboo rods. Panes, Leonards, Grangers, Hardys, Edwars, Orvis, and several of the famous tapers made by local builders. I am not bragging just admitting I am a boo addict. A friend and builder turned me on to a product called orange wax. Does a wonderful and does wonders for some of the old musty rod socks.

Comment

Stuck

If the ferrules do not separate under even pulling I usually try a piece of rubber or in extreme cases put the rod behind me near the rear knee joints. If it does not come apart then you probably have a jammed ferrule in any case just keep trying the gentle pulling. Easy to snap a rod at the ferrule in that case. Usually cleaning the female ferrules often will assure proper fitting. There are some builders that I feel fit the ferruling system to snug. Cleaning both male and female can make a big difference. Nothing like a cane rod. You can feel every muscle right down to the heart beat.

Comment

Working...
        X