Spey Rod for Trout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spey Rod for Trout

Hi everyone! Was looking to get into casting with a spey rod and wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions for a spey rod that would work in the Chattahoochee. I believe I would need a 2-3 wt. I know Sage makes them but I prefer not to drop over $1k on a rod. Unfortunately Orvis does not carry a low weight spey rod.

Thanks in advance!

My advice would be to reach out to River Through Atlanta guide John McCloskey. He currently teaches lessons on casting and also could probably help you out in figuring out how to get a spey set up on a budget. It is not cheap though.
    #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
    -Chinese Proverb

At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.
    -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
    -PH

Comment

Sounds good. Thanks!

Comment

loomis imx pro 1111 3wt is a great rod for a much more reasonable price. Can find them on eBay once in a while for 350-450. If you are looking for a new way to fish I highly recommend it. Its a ton of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtybird View Post
          Hi everyone! Was looking to get into casting with a spey rod and wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions for a spey rod that would work in the Chattahoochee. I believe I would need a 2-3 wt. I know Sage makes them but I prefer not to drop over $1k on a rod. Unfortunately Orvis does not carry a low weight spey rod.

Thanks in advance!
          Orvis will be releasing a troutspey model in the new clearwater rods in the future. Other rods to look at are the redington hydrogen series of trout spey rods, they are made in some very small sizes as well.
          Jackson Dockery
          sigpic
          My Instagram
          Unicoi Outfitters

Comment

Working...
          X