NuCanoe Frontier 12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NuCanoe Frontier 12

i've been looking at these, watching videos, etc. Just curious if anyone out there has one. The big question is: Just how stable are these to stand up and fish? I entertain the idea of one only because of the "ability" to stand and fish, particularly fly-fish...but i would like to hear from anyone who has one what there opinion is
    "The wild turkey possesses a remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness"

Generally speaking, the easier it is to stand and fish, the worse it paddles. As long as it meets your paddling needs, then it will work fine. I have not paddled the Frontier 12 but my limited understanding is that it paddles better than some other NuCanoe models. I've had (and have) several Jackson's. I find sitting and casting from an elevated seat to be the ticket for me, especially in slow moving water. That way I am closer to being able to do correction strokes to keep the kayak pointed in the right direction. Standing, for me, is too laborious to then set the rod down, then grab the paddle, make correction stroke, grab the rod again and so on. While sitting, the paddle just rest on my lap. For slack water, any stand-able kayak will work great.

Comment

thanks for the feedback...im just skeptical of advertising and how true it is...
      "The wild turkey possesses a remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness"

Comment

just a follow up. Went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Frontier 12. you can stand up, cast, land fish, walk around....pretty cool. I casted spinning, casting, and fly rods standing and landed fish no problem.With a tiller extension on the TM you can stand up while you power also.

Anyone wondering about the stability, they are incredibly stable and easy to stand and cast from.

Comment

Working...
        X