Replacing an Engine in a 2002 Jeep Wrangler

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing an Engine in a 2002 Jeep Wrangler

Seemed I had seen a lot of Jeep owners on here in the past.

Anybody know anybody in the north metro area (or in reasonable distance) that can replace or rebuild the inline six engine in a 2002 Wrangler. Had 49k miles on it when I bought it in 2012. After about 100k additional hard miles from a teenage boy it sounds like the wrist pins in the 6th cylinder are bad. And now that Landon is approaching his mid-20's, the poor gas mileage, terrible ride and excessive road noise just aren't as appealing as they used to be. But I'd like to keep it as a 4WD vehicle for trout in the mountains. And a few thousand seems more reasonable than $20k-$40k for used or new ones. No rust and the body is in pretty good shape...well, for a teenager driving it for 7 years.

I can't find anybody so far in the Canton/Cumming area. Seems to be too much work these days. Anybody know a guy?
    Last edited by THE EG; 09-13-19, 08:49 AM.
    If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Check with Herbert Automotive in Macedonia.They always treated me fair..
    Some fishermen see no fish and foolishly
    believe that the river is empty.
    Henry Van Dyke

Comment

Jasper Engines & Transmissions used to be a good and they provide a warranty
      Catch the energy
      Release the potential

Comment

I know a guy in Columbus I would trust with any rebuild...he and his brother were students of mine and also played baseball for me back yrs ago...they build drag racers and have won several NHRA titles...their shop is Sherman's Automotive in Columbus...I know it's a way down from your location, but they can do anything with motors and such...

Blessings!

Jimmy

Comment

Thanks guys! Dink, Herbertís is close by so Iíll check with them. Brotherbear, Drifter also texted me about Jasper Engine and they offer a bunch of installers that work with their remanufactured engines. Iím going to look into some of those also.

councilman, I would have gone to Columbus but hopefully some of these leads will work out so I donít have to go so far. Thanks though.
          If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

Working...
          X