Moonshine rods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moonshine rods

Does anyone have any experience with this brand?
    I've been using a hand me down 9' 5 wt TFO, but I'm wanting to upgrade to a more nymph specific rod. I was looking at the 10' syndicate, but then I ran across the 10'6" 3 wt moonshine. The price is very appealing, and I'm not opposed to the extra reach.
    Fly tying instagram @erikclymore

I have 3 moonshine rods and they are all awesome
    minimumexposure on IG

Comment

Originally posted by vancheesey View Post
      I have 3 moonshine rods and they are all awesome
      That's what I was hoping to hear.
      Yeah, Greg mentioned you getting one, and that's really what put them on my radar.

Comment

Check the midnight specials, they sell out almost as quick as they hit the website but some of them are incredible looking
        minimumexposure on IG

Comment

Right when I decided to pull the trigger on the moonshine 10' 6" 3wt they tell me they won't be back in stock until mid to late September.
          Now, let's just see if I can take the wait!

Comment

Originally posted by erikclymore View Post
            Right when I decided to pull the trigger on the moonshine 10' 6" 3wt they tell me they won't be back in stock until mid to late September.
            Now, let's just see if I can take the wait!
            In the same boat. It was August and they keep pushing it back...considering getting the Fenwick 10' 3wt
            IG: @sham_douglas1

Comment

10% off

The Moonshine rep for our area, Austin Shoemaker, posted on a FF group on Facebook today saying to use his promo code (shoemaker) for 10% off.

Comment

Sweet, thanks!

I've actually debated on grabbing their 8wt hybrid too for a vacation I've got planned in October. I wouldn't have much use for it outside of the occasional surf fishing.

I'm hoping that since they just finished those hybrid rods up they'll start gearing up for the epiphany.
                I've been watching their Facebook like a hawk!

Comment

I bought the Ephipany, 10'6" 3 wt. I like it. Very well made and every rod comes with a lifetime warranty and an extra tip.
                  Gene

Comment

They look nice, but I'll stick with TFO's I broke my 4wt this summer and I hadn't registered it, they didn't ask me for anything but said if it's one of their rods send it back. Got a brand new replacement in a few days. It was one of two I have, have a custom split bamboo and Sages and have had a dozen other brands, I use my 4wt ( have a 5wt too which I have only used a couple times because I love my 4wt! ) all the time, and recently I found another one on sale for $100 bucks with a matching reel!

Comment

The co-founder of Moonshine Rods is a former custom pipe maker, whose work was exquisite. I can't get over the low prices on his custom rods, and am close to pulling the trigger on a saltwater-capable 6wt.

I've been building my own rods, but Jonathon's prices make that less economically attractive.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

Comment

Moonshine

Austin is coming out with a signature Moonshine rod. I have seen the peices and it looks amazing. I hope I get my hands on one the next time I fish with him.

His fav is the 3 wt 10.5' epiphany.

Comment

I'm still waiting (not so)patiently for the release of more epiphanys. I figured since I've held off buying one of the other more readily available nymphing rods for this long I'm kind of committed to the moonshine!
                          I did cave and pick up an orvis Clearwater 8wt to scratch the heavy rod/ saltwater rod itch, though, so now I'm just trying to use the lack of nymphing specific tackle as motivation to spend some much needed dedicated time to improving my streamer fishing.

Originally posted by GBram View Post
                          I bought the Ephipany, 10'6" 3 wt. I like it. Very well made and every rod comes with a lifetime warranty and an extra tip.
                          That is great to hear!

Comment

Moonshine 10' 6"

I have this new rod and love it except it is quite TIP heavy. Had to go to oversized reel to get it to balance well onto the cork. Loaded reel with extra backing then used a level comp floating line.

Comment

Now available

Just got the email saying these are available, if anyone has been waiting in line. Use promo code "shoemaker" for 10% off.

Comment

Working...
                              X