Flash light in the day time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash light in the day time

For all of us who suffer from lack of vision ( pun Intended in many ways ) when tying line on the water a high intensity head lamp makes a big difference.Especially in funky daylight.
    Catch the energy
    Release the potential

Precision Work

The new headlamps and similar great for all sorts of circumstances. I had not thought about using one on just deep overcast days but it would be an advantage. Not unlike in a surgery in a well-lit room, but the surgeons still have those giant overhead lights to enhance the work area. I use one of mine if I am working on the car in the garage - it just really lights up the dark corners of mechanical mystery ...............

Comment

Originally posted by JOHNKIES View Post
      The new headlamps and similar great for all sorts of circumstances. I had not thought about using one on just deep overcast days but it would be an advantage. Not unlike in a surgery in a well-lit room, but the surgeons still have those giant overhead lights to enhance the work area. I use one of mine if I am working on the car in the garage - it just really lights up the dark corners of mechanical mystery ...............
      I was once upon a time a pretty good shadetree mechanic, but not any more. Too high tech for my tired mind. But I did learn the value of a good light. One of the main benefits is a light will cause you to focus on what is lit. I can see the benefits of a good focused light while tying a #18 ptail on 6x tippett.
      BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
      Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

All you guys over 60 years need to keep a close relationship with an eye doctor. I thought I had missed going for an exam for a year but it had been 3 years since my last exam instead of 2. I was about legally blind because of cataracts, down to 20/100. Not saying the light not good but be more vigilant than I was about your eyes. The new bright headlight don't blind me as bad now at traffic lights and my over all vision is much improved, even though I am still wear glasses.
        Want to hear God laugh? Tell Him your plans.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleJesse View Post
          All you guys over 60 years need to keep a close relationship with an eye doctor. I thought I had missed going for an exam for a year but it had been 3 years since my last exam instead of 2. I was about legally blind because of cataracts, down to 20/100. Not saying the light not good but be more vigilant than I was about your eyes. The new bright headlight don't blind me as bad now at traffic lights and my over all vision is much improved, even though I am still wear glasses.
          Yearly visits for me, I wear contacts daily, glasses when I have to. My prescription hasn't changed in 3 years, just some minor tweaking to get a better balance with my contacts
          BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
          Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

Eyes have it

I just turned 71 and had cataracts removed from both eyes several years ago. It was like a miracle. I was amazed to see individual leaves on the trees.
            Your vision deteriorates so slowly you probably won’t notice it. Get your eyes checked!
            I get ‘em checked every year now.
            IIWFWTIWRTW

Comment

Cataracts

I had both my cataracts done a couple of years ago and got corrective lenses put back in so for the first time since 1st grade I do not have to wear contacts nor glasses - except readers for flies and small type faces. I describe the difference in vision as being like taking off a pair of lightly tinted amber sun glasses and seeing the true colors again. Have an associate who is a fly tier and artist. Got his cataracts done, went home and threw out hundreds of flies he had tied and created a 6 month backlog of work to correct the colors in his paintings.

Comment

Working...
              X