When you find gold in your inheritance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you find gold in your inheritance

So, I just found / realized I've got this sweet little golden colored Eagle Claw fiberglass rod That my dad left me. It's 6'6". Good size for the mountains right??

I'll have to buy a little reel to put on it ( or use the old Cortland reel I already have, and put a different reel on my nymphing rod.)
    Attached Files
    _yero on instagram

This is the best post.
    I love my claw(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

orey -

Great photos and post! You might want to keep you eyes peeled for the January 2018 cover photo on our Facebook page now.
      If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

Originally posted by splatek16 View Post
        This is the best post.
        I love my claw(s)
        Splatek I was wondering if you'd see this! Glad to be in the eagle claw family now haha
        _yero on instagram

Comment

Originally posted by orey10m View Post
          Splatek I was wondering if you'd see this! Glad to be in the eagle claw family now haha

It's a Brotherhood, it's strong...
          Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Brings tears to my eyes. I had the 6'6" also and donated it to a young fella whom I thought was going to be interested in fly fishing. He never took to it. Hope he passed it along to someone who will use it. We actually sell more Eagle Claw glass rods than any other brand. They're perfect for north Georgia.
            Jimmy Harris
            Unicoi Liars Club
            Unicoi Outfitters Online Store

Comment

http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/foru...d.php?t=113513

This sort of thing has been discussed before. The awesomeness of the Eagle Claw lives on...

Comment

Oh Yeah - you're gonna have a lot of fun with that little stick. Looks in great shape too.
                Tight lines!!

Doc

Comment

Originally posted by buckman1 View Post
                  http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/foru...d.php?t=113513

This sort of thing has been discussed before. The awesomeness of the Eagle Claw lives on...
                  Don't know how I missed your thread Buckman. You've got a long way to go before you can wrangle in those 12" specks like me and dawg, but if you're willing to pay cash, I will put you on three or five. I hear those eagle claws fish best with a splitshot and a worm. That's just what I've heard. Overlook the worm guts on my rod handle!
                  Now that deer season is over, we need to head over to the middle fork and chase some of those bespeckled slabs!

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Kyle View Post
                    Don't know how I missed your thread Buckman. You've got a long way to go before you can wrangle in those 12" specks like me and dawg, but if you're willing to pay cash, I will put you on three or five. I hear those eagle claws fish best with a splitshot and a worm. That's just what I've heard. Overlook the worm guts on my rod handle!
                    Now that deer season is over, we need to head over to the middle fork and chase some of those bespeckled slabs!
                    @killer kyle
                    We never ended up getting to fish together way back when either!...would love to take you up on some speck adventures myself, if buckman needs a raincheck on his invite at some point
                    _yero on instagram

Comment

Originally posted by orey10m View Post
                      @killer kyle
                      We never ended up getting to fish together way back when either!...would love to take you up on some speck adventures myself, if buckman needs a raincheck on his invite at some point
                      I know man. I make tentative plans from folks both here and on the GON forum, yet always seem stuck in my own agenda, and never follow through. The only reason I met Buckman is because I met his wife and daughter once while at work, and I sent them off with a love note to take back to him.
                      I remember back when I started fishing and hunting with guys from these forums. I was in my early 20's then. I'd tell my parents I was going off to fish with Brian, or going to hunt with Jeff. They'd ask "who is that?" And I'd tell them it was someone I had met on the internet. They would always worry and be like "one day you're going to go meet up with someone to fish, and they are going to rob and kill you and leave you in the woods!" Haha!
                      I have met so many wonderful people from these forums that have enriched my life so greatly, and I am so thankful for them all. Except Buckman. He is a bad influence. He is a mountain hillbilly that is prone to the moonshine and fistfights!

Comment

Working...
                      X