Waders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waders

Hey guys, getting back into fishing from too much time away and in the market for some new waders. Any recommendations for around $250 or so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My advice is to save a little bit more and get you some Simms G3's. Mine are over 10 years old now and still going strong.
    Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
    Simple Goat Herder
    Former NGTO President
    Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Redington Sonic Pro, check Avidmax.com they have good deals sometimes.
      Good luck,
      Darryl

Comment

Find a pair that fits. I say this because the Simm's didn't fit me, short and fat. Reddington and Orvis are cut the same. Hodgeman have come a very long way.
        "I like beer, do you like beer, I like beer a lot."

Comment

Simms G3's and redingtons are both currently on sale due to newer model coming out. I'd go with either of those.
          Check out my personal Facebook page Tight Lines Joe of North Georgia and my Instagram Page Tightlinesjoe where I give tips on different tactics, stream reports and pictures of Georgia trout!

Team Georgia Competitive Fly Fishing Team now has a Facebook Page and an Instagram Page . Check them out for great information, pictures and events!

New to fly fishing? Check out Monthlyfly.com For localized Match The Hatch Flies mailed to your door!

Comment

I could not be happier with my Redington sonic pros.
            Fly tying instagram @erikclymore

Comment

Originally posted by narcodog View Post
              Find a pair that fits. I say this because the Simm's didn't fit me, short and fat. Reddington and Orvis are cut the same. Hodgeman have come a very long way.
              I had the same problem. I had a pair of Simms, and was afraid that I was going to rip the leg seams open trying to get them off. I ended up going with Cabelas. Their customer service actually got a pair of waders, measured the legs, calfs, and let me know what they found while I was still on the phone. Needless to say, I bought them.
              If I had any way to buy local and try before you buy, I would. But unfortunately, there is no local in Dewy Rose....
              BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
              Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

I am going on 10 years with my Hodgemans. Do not feel that you need to spend $250 on waders.
                I am very hard on them and yet to have the first leak.
                For that kind of money get a pair of waist high & chest high and still have money left.
                Catch the energy
                Release the potential

Comment

Try Them On

I always recommend trying on waders, boots and rods. The greatest catalog/website in the world does not match trying on the gear someplace where staff knows what they are talking about. At $250 you have a wide range to choose from! Figure out how much you are going to be fishing and then determine what you should spend. Quality is a big factor in performance, fit and wear. For myself, I look for L/R fitted neoprene feet, wide suspenders, and a fit allowing you to roll down the top on warm days keeping it secure with your wading belt. The ability to move comfortably while climbing over logs and rocks is very important. In the ads they show people wearing waders very fit and trim - if they showed someone in slightly baggy waders bent over double I would be more impressed! 8- )

I have a pair of Simms I recently returned to the factory due to leaking in both feet. Simms tech called me and wanted to know how long I had these waders. I still do not know exactly but it was something like 12 years. The Simms guy said that exceeded any warranty but he commented on what good shape they were in and did I use them much? I used them a lot - like on the order of 30 -40 times a year. But I hang them inside out to dry and then store them outside out with the straps on a big hanger and the feet slightly crumpled on the floor. They sent them back with new neoprene feet for about $40.

Comment

Buy Local if you can....Cabelas waders are lifetime guarantee now...whatever that is gonna mean in the future . They fit me good, get used a lot, no leaks...yet.
                    Boots-ORVIS are the most comfortable I've ever put on...
                    My 2 cents ....Will

Comment

Found these guys in Alabama...http://compass360gear.com/HOLIDAY_SALE/.
                      give'em a try

Comment

Go Simms

I went through 3 pairs of less expensive waders in one year and decided to bite the bullet on the G3 waders about 10 years ago. I still have them. For me, it's well worth the money. Also, it's the only company that makes waders that fit me off the line relatively well - Large with a size 13 foot. Before purchasing the G3, I was having to buy at least an XXL to get a large enough boot size.
                        In my mind, they're top notch waders, made in the USA, and worth the extra cost.
                        http://southernhighlandsflyrod.blogspot.com/

Comment

Another vote for G3's. I bought a pair last year when they went on close out. If you can still find some, I'd go that route.

Comment

I’ve been going through all types of waders the last few years cheap and expensive, I fish a lot and I’m tough on waders.

I bought a pair of the new Simms G3s a couple months ago and I will never own anything else

They are literally like slipping on your favorite pair of khakis or jeans, so comfortable and durable

Just spend the extra money I promise you won’t regret it

Comment

Unfortunately I have to agree on the Simms as well. I bought a pair of G3ís several years ago and love them dearly. Best money Iíve spent on fishing gear.
                              - Jed Green

"I will make you fishers of men" - Christ
                              Bamboo rods, Clear streams, and old Jeeps

Comment

Working...
                              X