Best nippers, period

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best nippers, period

For those of you that contemplate expensive nippers, name brands, etc. I've found, unquestionably, the best nippers available to mankind for the Affordable Wal-Mart price of $2.31

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I call BS! There is no way in he!! they cut better than the $50 Simms nippers!

Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
    Simple Goat Herder
    Former NGTO President
    Hall of Fame Member

Comment

My nippers cost me over $115 when I got them way back in '96. They're hard to beat, though.

If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

The Rite Aid Store has the best nippers. Proven for over 50 years
        "If you aren`t fishing out West.... well you`re just plain fishing"

Comment

The Abel's at $85 are the ultimate . The only thing that comes close is the Orvis model at $79. "You get what you pay for", "No one was ever sorry that they bought the best there was", yada, yada, yada.

Comment

The best nippers are whatever blade you actually have on you. That being said the Rising brand nippers are a fair balance of quality and price

"I don't hate trout fishing, just the people who trout fish."
            -Our friend Nam, but secretly Ret

"Stop Whining"

Comment

I just use my teeth like a barbarian.

Comment

I don't need no stinkin nippers

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/fea...h-anniversary/

Comment

Teeth are the best nippers!

That is until you get a little notch in your tooth! Could have bought a few pairs of 50$ Simms nippers for that fix.
                  I like em big fat and sloppy.

Comment

Originally posted by browniez View Post

That is until you get a little notch in your tooth! Could have bought a few pairs of 50$ Simms nippers for that fix.
                    The key is to bite the leader or the tippet, NOT the fly line or the backing!

You and Lumis have the right idea though. I may always have my Swiss Army knife with me, but it's quicker to bite the line than to dig through pockets.
                    If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

There is a Difference

I can hear the difference between a $5,000.00 sound system and a $500.00 system but the variable is not worth $4500 to me. Same with some equipment, like nippers. The good ones do work better than the cheapo's but when the retractor breaks or falls off your vest, the loss is less painful with the lower cost items. I have one set I keep as a back up but they simply do not cut as quickly and cleanly as the better ones.

My criteria for nippers includes a flat finish, big enough to get a good grip with a wet hand, clean cutting blades, easy attachment to retractor and the little pointy thing you use to clean out the eye of a hook that got covered in glue when it was tied.

Comment

For those I of us with occupational calluses on our hands, it is taught early...You will spend more replacing a five dollar hammer throughout your career that it cost to purchase a hammer that will last your entire lifeÖ That being said, Snap-On sells a hammer for $80 thatís not as good as an Estwing that cost 30.

Comment

Originally posted by browniez View Post

Not many of us use braided for trout fishing!

Comment

NuCast has the best bang for your buck nippers.
                            Cohutta Chapter of Trout Unlimited

Comment

Teeth for anything under 10-12# and fingernail clippers or pocket knife for anything over that. Iíve never felt under nipped using the aforementioned tools, plus you can even do an on stream mani if the need arises. Iíve tried cutting my finger nails with true nippers. It was not pleasant.
                              And if you fear losing those drug store nippers like I do a piece of 12# tethering them to your chest pack seems to do the trick.
                              Fly tying instagram @erikclymore

Comment

Working...
                              X