Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabelas RLS+ Combo available for $70.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/cabe...bo/1555116.uts

I bought the 4 weight 8'6 combo for $120 back when it was still being sold. I guess they discontinued it or something and it was no long available on the website for a few months. It's back now for $70 but only the 4 weight. I assume they're trying to sell the remaining stock?

If you walk in to the store, the RLS reel is $80 or $90 itself (was just there recently), so you're basically buying a whole combo for less than the reel is priced at. The ratings are very positive on this bad boy.

Anyway, it's an awesome combo and works absolutely perfectly. I bought it as my first rod and doubt I'll need to get anything else for a while. I'd especially recommend it if you know people who are interested in getting into the sport
    Last edited by Lumis; 06-27-18, 08:48 PM.

This is sold out now. But I've had the combo in a 6 wt. and liked the reel so much I got one for my 4 and 8 wt rods. The RLS rod is junk but a free replacement if it breaks. I'm pretty sure this is the case with any Cabela's rod. I recently took my broken RLS Rod into the store for an exchange and since it was no longer carried, they gave me a gift card good for the original value of the rod. I will be buying from Cabela's again.

Comment

You guys probably already know, Bass Pro Shop has bought out Cabelas. If you have gift cards from either store there is a number to call or go to customer service to get the card changed out to where either store (Bass Pro Shop/Cabelas) will honor the others stores gift card. There are certain details that pertain to this to... I want to say, I read this on their web site.
      Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by fish2little View Post
        You guys probably already know, Bass Pro Shop has bought out Cabelas. If you have gift cards from either store there is a number to call or go to customer service to get the card changed out to where either store (Bass Pro Shop/Cabelas) will honor the others stores gift card. There are certain details that pertain to this to... I want to say, I read this on their web site.
        I actually did not know that. I wonder if that will have any affect on their products. Or has had.

Originally posted by andytheengineer View Post
        I recently took my broken RLS Rod into the store for an exchange and since it was no longer carried, they gave me a gift card good for the original value of the rod. I will be buying from Cabela's again.
        What was the value of the rod? Curious.

Comment

150$

Comment

Working...
          X