Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boat investment! Is a flycraft reasonable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Budget

If your max budget is 4000 I think you have plenty of options. The big question is where are you planning to use this thing? I've fished out of a 14 foot raft with frame with 3 people on the Hiwassee tailwater and the etowah near cartersville. On the hiwassee it was great, on the etowah it left something to be desired... a motor. I've been debating on a boat for a year or so now and have finally come to the conclusion that Im building a drift boat with a jon boat coming soon after that. Those fly crafts look ok, but for that much money you could have a full size raft that will comfortably handle 3 people. But if you plan on fishing around atlanta for species other than trout, a jon boat will always win out for comfort, function and convenience. Not to mention it opens up the lakes on calm days

Edit: Didn't even address the gheenoe option because thats another great choice. I'll just add that if you're considering the raft option don't overlook buying just a raft and building your own frame. That option can save you thousands of dollars
    "I don't hate trout fishing, just the people who trout fish."
    -Our friend Nam, but secretly Ret

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Working...
    X