• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

woodenboatpeople redirected me to this site:
    http://westcoastwoodenboats.ning.com

Comment

Dink,
      Forgot to congratulate you and yours on the marriage. Its a wonderful institution as long both remember compromise and the desire to make the partner happy first.
      I've managed it for 32 years.

Comment

Thanks eye, and thanks for the link. Their website used to kinda bounce back and forth from the west coast address. At least I can get back on there thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        "I don't hate trout fishing, just the people who trout fish."
        -Our friend Nam, but secretly Ret

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Had to redo some of my frames after splitting them... a couple times. Cross braces across the top make these things much more stout. Almost ready for permanent installation

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Should have some chine logs soon

Yes, that is 10 feet of lumber in a Trooper

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Let the sawdust fly! Can't wait to see that drifter completed! Hey from the looks of that Trooper you may have the makings of a fly fishing guide!

Comment

Eh, my buddy lived the guide life for a couple years. Not for me. I'm excited to see the hull complete but scared sh/tless at the same time because I have no idea what to do with the interior. I'm thinking of full length side trays supporting the rowers seat and cooler seats front and rear. On the other hand I'm thinking of the standard pipe mounted rower and forward seat... decisions decisions

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Part of this whole process is learning how to be a woodworker. I've got some Boy Scout bird houses under my belt and a senior year shop class fancy looking box to fill out my carpentry stats. I didn't want to mess up this expensive qtr sawn oak so I figured I'd better set up an accurate system for ripping long boards. This is what I ended up with

Not the prettiest, but worked like a charm and gave me 4 perfect soon to be chinelogs

Now to scarf them together for 15 ft logs and bevel both sides

"Stop Whining"

Comment

I wish I had the woodworking skills. Looking great. I have another buddy who built his own canoe. Its something I imagine that will be cherished for generations.

I keep thinking one day I will commit to building a bamboo rod. I'm not sure Mr. Oyster has the patience for dealing with the likes of my skill level.

Comment

Eye, that's the thing, I don't have any skills. At least I didn't until I started this project. Trial by fire is the best way to learn. Once you drop the money for that class you will learn quick!

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Got my scarfs cut but ran out of time for glue up tonight. Get them glued at lunch tomorrow

"Stop Whining"

Comment

the suspense is killing me!

Comment

Hopefully these warmer temps stay overnight

"Stop Whining"

Comment

You'll hafta scarf the gunwhales also....right?

Looking good!
                                The Drifter

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X