No announcement yet.

Picked up a used Gheenoe 15'4" highsider

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey cha Chung. My buddy the osprey on here got rear ended on our way to Louisiana. LEAN VERY HARD on the insurance agent. You did nothing wrong. Mention what a NEW 9.9 costs and what a NEW gheenoe costs. Also what a NEW trailer costs. It's a boat not your daily driver. Make sure you get every nickel and dime their insurance covers(which is surely in the 6 figures). PM "theosprey" on here and ask him how to navigate this situation. It's the same thing. Don't accept anything besides what covers the boat. Remember, lost time searching the state for a boat is way more expensive than a fat check covering your loss. Seriously man good luck and don't accept the unacceptable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't hate trout fishing, just the people who trout fish."
    -Our friend Nam, but secretly Ret

"Stop Whining"

Comment

8 he drive 30 minutes from the camp. Tell the insurance adjuster what a new gheenoe costs as well as a new trailer. Those are the two minimums as you plan on having your kids out on the boat and in the car while towing it. Add in a replacement 9.9 and now you're talking payment. New would be best. Otherwise you should be compensated for shopping for a new motor as well as the mechanic bill for testing potential motors.

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Originally posted by The Ole Man View Post
        Sorry about the boat man. If they give you a check they will probably take the rig. You usually don't get the replacement cost check and keep the property too. The trailer I'm sure can be repaired and probably the boat also. The motor is good for parts. They will probably auction that stuff off to re-builders and parts monkeys. Don't go checking to sell any of it until you hear what the insurance co is going to do.

Ok. That's good. I don't want the hassle of getting rid of it anyway. Thanks
        Hi my name is Charles and I'm a fishaholic.

Some days I'm the hook and some days I'm the fish.

Instagram @charles_the_toothsmith

Comment

Originally posted by troutbum69 View Post

8 he drive 30 minutes from the camp. Tell the insurance adjuster what a new gheenoe costs as well as a new trailer. Those are the two minimums as you plan on having your kids out on the boat and in the car while towing it. Add in a replacement 9.9 and now you're talking payment. New would be best. Otherwise you should be compensated for shopping for a new motor as well as the mechanic bill for testing potential motors.

Thanks so much. Great advice. I'll message theosprey.

Comment

Sorry to hear that.

Gheenoes are great boats.

Comment

Hey cha Chung. My buddy the osprey on here got rear ended on our way to Louisiana. LEAN VERY HARD on the insurance agent. You did nothing wrong. Mention what a NEW 9.9 costs and what a NEW gheenoe costs. Also what a NEW trailer costs. It's a boat not your daily driver. Make sure you get every nickel and dime their insurance covers(which is surely in the 6 figures). PM "theosprey" on here and ask him how to navigate this situation. It's the same thing. Don't accept anything besides what covers the boat. Remember, lost time searching the state for a boat is way more expensive than a fat check covering your loss. Seriously man good luck and don't accept the unacceptable

Charles, sorry to hear about the boat. Really stinks. Hopefully insurance will cover do what they are responsible to do.

Troubbum that is just general good knowledge for all. Thanks man. From a boat owner this is something I had entertained but not put much thought into until recently. Do you think @theosprey would do a thread about it on here? I would say there are a fair amount of boat owners old and new who have not entertained what might happen in a process like this.
              #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
              -Chinese Proverb

“At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
              -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
              -PH

Comment

Originally posted by Philhutch80 View Post
                Charles, sorry to hear about the boat. Really stinks. Hopefully insurance will cover do what they are responsible to do.

Troubbum that is just general good knowledge for all. Thanks man. From a boat owner this is something I had entertained but not put much thought into until recently. Do you think @theosprey would do a thread about it on here? I would say there are a fair amount of boat owners old and new who have not entertained what might happen in a process like this.

I'll ask. The other thing about that incident is this happened thirty miles from the fish camp in Louisiana. Luckily the owner let us stash the boat and trailer under the camp. So during negotiations theosprey was in GA dealing with the insurance adjuster in southeast LA. So he had the added leverage of having to make a 700 mile round trip with a new trailer to pick up the hull.

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Originally posted by JerryG View Post
                  "Ship Wrecked"
                  Jerry with the dinger. haha
                  @glennmau

Comment

I'll ask. The other thing about that incident is this happened thirty miles from the fish camp in Louisiana. Luckily the owner let us stash the boat and trailer under the camp. So during negotiations theosprey was in GA dealing with the insurance adjuster in southeast LA. So he had the added leverage of having to make a 700 mile round trip with a new trailer to pick up the hull.

Cool, thanks! That is all we can do to ask. That really did give him some serious leverage having to make a trip like that.
                    #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
                    -Chinese Proverb

“At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
                    -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
                    -PH

Comment

Back on the water

Hey guys,

The insurance company says the old gheenoe is totaled so what do I do even before they came and picked it up? I went and got another one of course!

I picked this one up on Friday which required a 7 hr round trip drive but so far she's been good to us.

She was named "gratitude" by the old owner and i liked that so we decided to keep the name.

We took her out the moment I got back and ran into Phil on the river. He was the first one to spot me last time also!

On Saturday we went up to lake Rabun and fished around for several hours and caught several bass and other species including this one.....

My son caught his first bass that day also so the "gratitude" has been good to us so far!

Comment

Nice. Glad it all worked out

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Working...
                        X