Rod Repair ATL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod Repair ATL

I have a 7.5 foot spinning rod and the second to last guide had the ceramic insert pop out. The rod itself has a lifetime warranty, but I would rather not deal with having to find an 8 foot tube and send it off. Does anyone know of a good metro atlanta rod repair person that can change out a guide? I've actually had a few other issues with the zirconium guides on this rod, so I may consider changing all of them out.

It is a pretty easy to do. Watch a few youtube videos. It'll take 5 mins to put a new one on (assuming that the epoxy/glue releases easy on the old one and that you have lightly sanded the old epoxy/glue off). I would offer to do it, but I am a little too far away.

Comment

Originally posted by cgarofalo View Post
      I have a 7.5 foot spinning rod and the second to last guide had the ceramic insert pop out. The rod itself has a lifetime warranty, but I would rather not deal with having to find an 8 foot tube and send it off. Does anyone know of a good metro atlanta rod repair person that can change out a guide? I've actually had a few other issues with the zirconium guides on this rod, so I may consider changing all of them out.
      I would bite the bullet and send it in for the manufacturer to handle as doing the work yourself could void the lifetime warranty. Also, you could call Cabela's or BPS and see if they have cardboard rod tubes they are planning on throwing out.
      #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
      -Chinese Proverb

“At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
      -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
      -PH

Comment

Brian Stout of Stout Rods. You can reach him via The Fish Hawk.

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

I have doing all the rod repairs for the FishHawk for over a year Brian had to retire from working on rods

just drop your rod at the FishHawk

Comment

Working...
            X