Dukes Creek

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dukes Creek

I am heading up to Dukes Creek for the first time and was wondering what some necassary flies to have were. I will be up there for a few days so I need some backup flies incase the fish are picky.

Just stating what you may know already, but regardless of the flies you take they must be barbless.

Others will be along soon and offer their thoughts - or PMs.

BTW, welcome to NGTO!
    Last edited by Trout8myfly; 10-30-12, 09:51 PM.
    "What's his offense?"
    "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
    ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

Originally posted by BassandFly View Post
      I am heading up to Dukes Creek for the first time and was wondering what some necassary flies to have were. I will be up there for a few days so I need some backup flies incase the fish are picky.
      The best piece of advice I can offer is to invest some time utilizing this site's Seach feature...also, look for the "Sticky" post by TroutTackler regarding Dukes.
      You'll find a veritable treasure trove of useful info if you're willing to put in some time (both online and on the water)

Best of luck and welcome to NGTO
      “This is a brief life, but in its brevity it offers us some splendid moments, some meaningful adventures.”
      Rudyard Kipling, Kim

Comment

Go by Unicoi Outfitters fly shop when you get to Helen. They can fill you in on flies and tactics for Dukes. As others said--no barbed hooks in use, in your possession, nor on your person. Barbless hooks must meet the T-Shirt test. Pass through the material and back out with no snags. Fines are per hook.

Comment

Working...
        X