Good setup for chattahoochee dh?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good setup for chattahoochee dh?

Hey guys, Iím probably going to the whitewater bucket stocking on Tuesday to help out stocking and might fish the freshly stocked guys after. Iím going to fish a bright pink squirmy worm with a size 16 prince nymph on the back of it. Is that a good setup for the DH?
    PETA GO HOME!!!

Generally, an attractor and a natural in a nymphing rig is good at any river in GA. Throw in a y2k if the squirmy fails to produce.

Comment

Green mop, tan mop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any junk fly combo will produce. If you stop getting bites, change colors and usually youíll start getting bites again.

Buggers work too. For that matter Iíve seen bare hooks work as well.
        I am officially upgrading Gatorbyte from "fly in my ointment" to "thorn in my side". If he happens to elevate himself to "pain in my a$$" I'm gonna blame it on RScott.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

sigpic

Comment

Bout two years ago, went to WW and alls that was needed was an EHC. Granted, I showed up a few hours later and there was a solid hatch, but the fished seemed to get acclimated to dries. That little run before the island was pretty solid. Guessing since no one wants to walk further than that to spread the fish out, buts it's a good spot to practice stream tactics.
          We are the music-makers,
          And we are the dreamers of dreams,
          Wandering by lone sea-breakers
          And sitting by desolate streams;
          World losers and world forsakers,
          On whom the pale moon gleams.

Comment

Those flies should hunt. Put some weight on in the deeper or faster runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinkbait View Post
              Those flies should hunt. Put some weight on in the deeper or faster runs.
              By the way, I donít have any waders save for some cheap hip boots that are leaky. Is it easy to fish from the shore at White water?
              PETA GO HOME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by del Monte chucker View Post
                By the way, I donít have any waders save for some cheap hip boots that are leaky. Is it easy to fish from the shore at White water?
                Depends. If the water is low then youíll be fine in the run that goes to the left of the island right where the steps are. That area is pretty shallow. Youíll also be able to fish right out front.

Most people donít walk far to dump the fish in so they will still be close by. Just follow RScott as he will be the one knocking over toddlers to fish the easy areas.
                I am officially upgrading Gatorbyte from "fly in my ointment" to "thorn in my side". If he happens to elevate himself to "pain in my a$$" I'm gonna blame it on RScott.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baldea View Post
                  Depends. If the water is low then youíll be fine in the run that goes to the left of the island right where the steps are. That area is pretty shallow. Youíll also be able to fish right out front.

Most people donít walk far to dump the fish in so they will still be close by. Just follow RScott as he will be the one knocking over toddlers to fish the easy areas.
                  Piggy back rides are $5/yard out, $10/yard back, bring your wallet
                  RScott

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

Comment

Working...
                  X