Dry dropper vs indicator nymphing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry dropper vs indicator nymphing?

So what situations would you prefer a dry dropper over a thingamabobber or vice versa? From my understanding you use droppers in warmer weather while you use indicators during the winter. Would my theory be correct?
    PETA GO HOME!!!

If you are going to use an indicator, why not have a hook in it?
    BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
    Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

If I need to do suspend a nymph, I use a big ugly stimi. Like the preach said, why not use a hook?
      RScott

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

Comment

Only time I use an indicator is if I am in deep water and I can't really tie on a fly. Other than that I use a floating fly of some type over my nymph.

DD F
        Fly Fisherman - Part Entomologist, Part Meteorologist, Part Ichthyologist, Part Hydrologist, All Liar.

Comment

I’ve been experimenting with an adjustable dry dropper rig to great success. I’ve been trying to up my midge game, so I’ve tried dropping three midges on the adjustable rig. I call it the ménage-a-midge.
          -skunked

Warning: all posts should be assumed to contain sarcasm and misinformation unless stated otherwise. The opinions shared are not necessarily those of the poster.

Comment

I'll use a 1/2" thing a ma bobber in high winds because it creates a little more drag for a water load and adds some weight for casting when it's windy. Otherwise I'm going with the dry. It's got a hook in it in case somebody decides to eat it and it's easier to detect subtle strikes on the droppers.
            THEY TRIED TO BURY US BUT THEY DID NOT KNOW WE WERE SEEDS

Comment

Working...
            X