Water temps and wet wading

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water temps and wet wading

I fished Deep Hole last summer without waders and the water felt great...will the Hooch too cold to wet wade?

In the summer nah... the shoals at Jones bridge are full of kids straight up swimming in the water and it sure feels good to be knee deep in crocs and 55 degree water when the air temps reach 100
    PETA GO HOME!!!

Comment

...back in the day, I used to fish all Spring and Summer in cut-off jeans and a trout vest...with blue high-top Converse way before they called them Chuck Taylors...(what made them his, anyway?)...I cannot stand the cold temps like I used to be able to...now it's neoprene or bust...

Blessings!

Jimmy

Comment

As long as it isn't more than thigh deep, I will wad with my wading boots and wading socks (pulled up) through most of the winter. If I am going deep, its wader time.

Comment

Cold water is good for testosterone levels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How Cold Is It?

Hold cold is it? Depends on your personal fat layers, how much bourbon you can drink and not slip on rocks and how much personal "shrinkage" you can afford .....................

Comment

Originally posted by JOHNKIES View Post
              Hold cold is it? Depends on your personal fat layers, how much bourbon you can drink and not slip on rocks and how much personal "shrinkage" you can afford .....................
              1. Lots
              2. Lots
              3. None

Comment

Water is actually cooler in the summer with only Jan and February colder. Check out the graphs.

Comment

Originally posted by richf7 View Post
                  I fished Deep Hole last summer without waders and the water felt great...will the Hooch too cold to wet wade?
                  Depends on where you are. It's a brisk low 50s at best all the time up by the dam. Temps rise as you move down stream. I've rescued hypothermic tubers and swamped kayakers around Bowman's island.

But crazy fly fishers do it.
                  If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

Working...
                  X