Double nymph on dry dropper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double nymph on dry dropper

Do any of you guys fish a dry dropper with two nymphs behind it? Or do you guys just use an indicator?
    PETA GO HOME!!!

Originally posted by del Monte chucker View Post
    Do any of you guys fish a dry dropper with two nymphs behind it? Or do you guys just use an indicator?
    All the time... I use a triple surgeon knots on the flies to give them some play...

Comment

Originally posted by jkwolek1971 View Post
      All the time... I use a triple surgeon knots on the flies to give them some play...
      What about if you’re fishing a deeper creek? Would you use the dry dropper or an indicator?
      PETA GO HOME!!!

Comment

I’ve just started fishing three nymphs while euro nymphing. That way when I want to dry drop I tie a dry to the top tag and typically two midges underneath it. I’ll occasionally use a larger fly like a soft hackle or waltz but never over a size 16. I try to keep my dry as small as possible to maximize strike detection(usually a size 16 caddis), so I tend to keep my nymphs extra small as well.
        If it’s an especially deep area I’ll just throw one of the two indicators on that roll around collecting dust in my pack.
        Fly tying instagram @erikclymore

Comment

Working...
        X