No announcement yet.

Euro Nymphing Rods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iím appalled that no one has mentioned the eagle claw. I know @sighter has nymphed the claw on a few occasions and Iím pretty sure those where his best days. Bahahahahaha

I like the syndicate. I also have a Chinese cheapo nymph rod. I can't tell the difference. They both catch fish. Iíve never used one of the higher end rods like an Orvis or Thomas and Thomas. Iím not that good and always default to my wine analogy. I like wine. And Iím a good enough wine taster that I can tell the difference between $2 wine and $10 wine, but I can taste no difference between $10 wine and $100 wine. So I usually buy $10 wine. Iím just not that good. So for me rods are the same way. Itís nice to say you have some fancy new cutting edge technologically advanced rod, but really for the increased economic output (cost) how many more fish do you really think you're gonna catch...? This is what goes through my head every time I'm looking for gear, be it fishing, camping, trucks, motorcycles, weights, etc. And at the end of the day, I know a seven year old that's gonna out fish me with a cane pole.... So I say opt for cheap, but effective, which sounds like the cabelas kit. Although the customer service at syndicate is second to none. I've broken my nymph rod twice and they get me a new piece for thirty bucks in about two to three days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I went ahead and got the Syndicate. It was a tough choice between that and the Cabelaís CZN. Based on the versatility, warranty and everything I heard about their great customer service, it was hard to pass up with just a $100 difference. I went ahead and matched it up with the Redington ID reel. Now all I have to do is go test it out on the water. Still debating if I want to fight the crowd on Memorial Day weekend or not. Thanks again for everybodyís advice!

Comment

Working...
      X