2-- thunderhead
    3-- adam's variant
    4-- Yallar hammer
    5-- adam harmon

I want to buy some of each
    THANKS-----AL

Big Y Fly sells a Yallerhammer.

https://www.bigyflyco.com/
    "A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined..." George Washington

Comment

www.Tennesseetraditionalflies.com has a more traditional looking yallerhammer pattern.
      Want to hear God laugh? Tell Him your plans.

Comment

Davidson River Outfitters did sell some of those flies as well Brookings in Highlands.
        "I like beer, do you like beer, I like beer a lot."

Comment

Kevin Howell at Davidson River Outfitters has a book he and his father wrote that mentions all but one of them.
          Also, Roger Lowe that works at Brookings in Cashiers wrote a small book on traditional Southern Appalachian flies that has most of those in there as well.
          - Jed Green

"I will make you fishers of men" - Christ
          Bamboo rods, Clear streams, and old Jeeps

Comment

Originally posted by Dawg Vet View Post
            Kevin Howell at Davidson River Outfitters has a book he and his father wrote that mentions all but one of them.
            Also, Roger Lowe that works at Brookings in Cashiers wrote a small book on traditional Southern Appalachian flies that has most of those in there as well.
            I second the Roger Lowe recommendation. He used to have a great shop in Waynesville, and is very interesting to talk to. He is very knowledgeable in the old time Smokey Mtn patterns and all the local streams, hatches, etc.

A Thunderhead is basically a gray body Wulff pattern. An Adams variant is not a specific fly, but a description of a variation on an Adams.

FM
            The tug is the drug!

"Grow a pear!" - Groundpounder

Comment

THANKS

I will check all of them out and get them
              THANKS a lot-----AL

Comment

Also try Little River Outfitters in Townsend Tn. I know they have several of the flies you have listed.
                Great fly shop and wonderful people.
                "Be patient and calm - for no one can catch fish in anger." - Herbert Hoover

Comment

flies

I found all of the flys that I want at tenn tradationalflies.com
                  They tie them as you order may take a few days.
                  THANKS FOR THE HELP
                  AL

Comment

Working...
                  X