Hook in cast

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hook in cast

Iím getting a weird aerial mend in my casting...canít figure it out both on shooting line and regular...any ideas?
    We are the music-makers,
    And we are the dreamers of dreams,
    Wandering by lone sea-breakers
    And sitting by desolate streams;
    World losers and world forsakers,
    On whom the pale moon gleams.

I sometimes get those if my line is twisted or when I open up my Reel towards the outside in the backcast (rather than straight back and forth in the same plane). But you can video yourself and probably find the problem that way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sighter; 05-05-18, 08:56 PM.

Comment

I know I have a terrible habit of not moving my rod tip in a straight line which causes the line to do all sorts of wonky things like curve and what not.
      It’s one of the(many) bad habits I’ve yet to break my self of.
      Fly tying instagram @erikclymore

Comment

Originally posted by erikclymore View Post
        I know I have a terrible habit of not moving my rod tip in a straight line which causes the line to do all sorts of wonky things like curve and what not.
        Itís one of the(many) bad habits Iíve yet to break my self of.

The reel opening to the outside is usually a good sign your tracking will be off. However, you can swing it way out on a Belgian Wind cast and still lay down a straight line on the forward cast. Iíd say something may be happening on the forward cast or even after the stop. Stand against a wall and move your casting hand back and forth on the straight surface. Youíll feel that straight back and forward isnít quite what you are feeling when casting most likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X