Fly Fishing With GULP Bait? Is This ever "O.K.?"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MatchboxWhistler View Post
    I'll admit that this is definitely one of mine as well, but minus the exclusivity!

Have you seen any write-ups on the Arundell Arms on the Tamar in southern England? It'll make you salivate...

But BACK ON TOPIC , I'd like to see one of those British fellers use some GULP when no one else is looking!
    Talked to an Englishman about trout and hunting the other day. All I can say is I'm glad we have the public waters here that so many take for granted. Also, you can't bow hunt in the UK, which sucks because the way he described Scotland was awesome. He said, " if Americans think that some texans are gun crazy, they'd loose their mind in the highlands."
    "I don't hate trout fishing, just the people who trout fish."
    -Our friend Nam, but secretly Ret

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Originally posted by UncleJesse View Post
      Go ahead and do what make you happy that is legal. But, call it what it is, it's bait fishing with a flyrod, it's not fly fishing, there is not fly involved. I have done it with spinning reel, weighted bobber and crickets, it's great fun, but it's not flyfishing. I have a ultralight spinning rod I can cast a flyline with, but that is not spin fishing either.
      Very Well put and I agree, UncleJesse. And thank you all for the great responses.

Comment

Originally posted by Pappy View Post
        I guess this is the time and place to admit it. I have worm guts on the handle of my fly rod. Can I still come to the fling?
        Yes, worm guts are not illegal. Take Fishbreath's Seminar and you'll never have to buy worms again.

I like your avatar, is there a story behind it?

Comment

Yea. That's the house I grew up in. That is my brother in the photo. Sherman kept his horses in it in the war of northern aggression. Makes me thankfull for what I have achieved in life.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleJesse View Post
            ... But, call it what it is, it's bait fishing with a flyrod, it's not fly fishing, there is not fly involved....
            What if I use a horsefly as bait?
            "To be is to do." - Aristotle
            "To do is to be." - Niche
            "Do do be de do be de do.." - Sinatra

Comment

Originally posted by scallen2112 View Post
              What if I use a horsefly as bait?
              If the horse fly now or in the past was looking for an opportunity to bite you and or a horse, it's bait; If it is a concoction of someone's idea of what a horsefly looks like attached to a bent piece of steel with a pointy end, it's a fly.
              Want to hear God laugh? Tell Him your plans.

Comment

Originally posted by troutbum69 View Post
                He said, " if Americans think that some texans are gun crazy, they'd loose their mind in the highlands."
                Which is probably largely why US Southerners love outdoors/firearms the way we do. All that Irish and Scottish influence!
                “Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration.”Izaak Walton

“If only I may grow: firmer, simpler, quieter, warmer.”Dag Hammarskjöld

Comment

Working...
                X