• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloodknotish....

But stronger in my opinion.

Try it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOZum2373iw[/ame]
    “There’s a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.” - Steven Wright

This can also be done to repair a wind knot in your line, just take the wind knotted portion and use it in place of the overhand knot in the video
    Last edited by ferrulewax; 11-18-16, 01:00 PM.
    Jackson Dockery
    sigpic
    My Instagram
    Unicoi Outfitters

Comment

nice...haven't seen that one.
      I am officially upgrading Gatorbyte from "fly in my ointment" to "thorn in my side". If he happens to elevate himself to "pain in my a$$" I'm gonna blame it on RScott.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

sigpic

Comment

Love it! I nearly go nuts when I have to tie a bloodknot and my dear wife drifts us past the good fishing spots while I'm frantically trying to get that consarned knot tied and cinched!This may be a life saver.
        If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

Wow. I love that. Just seems like it would be more likely to slip with both tags coming out the same side, particularly with smaller diameter tippet. As my fingers and eyes get older, I am reverting to the simplest knots I can tie.

Comment

I tied a loop of 10lb test together with a blood knot and this knot on the other side. Equally spaced them out and pulled apart with my fingers. Three out of three times the bloodknot gave out first and this knot held. My fingers were sore so I stopped my highly scientific test.
            “There’s a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.” - Steven Wright

Comment

that's pretty cool... I saw a .gif on Instagram a few weeks ago about another blood knot alternative. I tried to find it and actually found this on Gink and Gasoline's site - Pretty cool little trick here as well! http://www.ginkandgasoline.com/fly-f...st-blood-knot/

I'll keep hunting for the other knot I saw and post it when I do...
              "I like onion rings, pop tarts, jazz recorder, and fly fishing..."

--Turd Furgeson

Comment

Found it...

Here is the knot that Lefty Kreh claims as 100% knot strength...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GDxGy3Nld2g

Looking forward to giving it a go on some stripers next week!

--Turd Furgeson

Comment

Isn't that "Lefty Kreh" knot simply a surgeon's knot?
                  "Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
                  -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Similar

Originally posted by Swimmer View Post
                    Isn't that "Lefty Kreh" knot simply a surgeon's knot?
                    It is pretty similar to a surgeons knot, but the loop is spun 3 times after you form your initial loop.

After researching a little more, I've seen it is also called a Seaguar Knot.

--Turd Furgeson

Comment

Originally posted by Gaines'BowBum View Post
                      It is pretty similar to a surgeons knot, but the loop is spun 3 times after you form your initial loop.

After researching a little more, I've seen it is also called a Seaguar Knot.

I use this one quite often. I found it on the Orvis website, where they termed it the "Orvis tippet knot" (surprise surprise). They show it being tied with hemostats, which makes it a little easier and you use less tippet material (as opposed to forming a loop big enough to pass your fingers through).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 53flattie View Post
                        I use this one quite often. I found it on the Orvis website, where they termed it the "Orvis tippet knot" (surprise surprise). They show it being tied with hemostats, which makes it a little easier and you use less tippet material (as opposed to forming a loop big enough to pass your fingers through).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        That's the same one I use...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW8BV3ZeaoE[/ame]
                        "Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed with the things you didn't do than by the things you did… Explore. Dream. Discover" Mark Twain, 1879

Comment

Uni to Uni knot is a good one to use. I used this knot for years bass fishing to attach clear mono leader to thin slick braid. As many of you know Braid can be very tough to hold knots so this one has no problems when connecting two sections of mono or fluoro together. Easier to tie than a traditional blood knot.
                          Time's a Place by a Peaceful Stream
                          Www.thefieldandfly.com

Comment

That gink and gasoline version of the blood knot is the best way to tye a blood knot that I've seen. Cuts tying more than in half. Love it. Thanx
                            Other than that knot i use a Tenkara one knot. Since I switched from the improved clinch, I haven't lost a single fish to a knot. Only line breaks. Which I can contribute to me becoming a better fisherman. THANX again for the help. This will cut making leaders in half.
                            "Something to think about: If you fish the wrong fly long and hard enough, it will sooner or later become the right fly."
                            ~John Gierach~

Trophies are relative

Comment

Working...
                            X