Hey superchub

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey superchub

I saw on another board that you have a recipe for a trout casserole. Would the chef care to share his secret recipe? If so, please email me. Thanks!

Bent Rods Work Best!

Hmmmm....That may not be me...I have some recipes for trout but I don't think I have a casserole recipe...what board...may be an impostor I'll need to have Owl hunt down and dispatch!

Pat

[This message has been edited by superchub (edited 05-27-2001).]
    "The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span, the hours spent in fishing."

Comment

Chub,

He probably was refering to the trout dish you made when we camped the first time. I think in was in the Smokies. I just remember it was good.

The Grizz

Comment

If its the Smokey Mountain Trout dish:
        1. <LI>Take two or three fresh caught trouts, gutted and headed (uh...I mean cleaned :&gt; )
          <LI>Heat a little olive oil in a cast iron skillet to very hot.
          <LI>Toss in the trout and sear until the flesh comes off the bone...remove to a holding dish (piece of aluminum foil)
          <LI>Start your basil tomato noodles boiling
          <LI>Wipe out the skillet and place 2 TBL. of butter in the pan...heat until it browns..very hot
          <LI>Drain off any liquid that has accumulated from the trout.
          <LI>Sprinkle blackened Redfish seasoning over the trout, coating well.
          <LI>Toss the trout into the hot pan and blacken quickly... remove and set aside.
          <LI>Take a packet of pasta primavera sauce and prepare in the skillet. (follow the sauce packet directions) If you want a spicy sauce don't wipe out the pan after blackening. (I like the sauce less spicy to balance the blackening so I clean the pan before making the sauce. Keep the sauce very hot.
          <LI>Drain the noodles.
          <LI>Chop up some fresh spinach and sprinkle over the noodles.
          <LI>Pour the sauce over the noodles and spinach, top with the blackened trout.
          <LI>MMMMM...GOOD!

Pat

[This message has been edited by superchub (edited 06-02-2001).]
        "The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span, the hours spent in fishing."

Comment

Whoooooooooa. I'd like to hunt and dispatch some of that ! Mmmmmmmmm......when's dinner ?

Comment

Thanks! That sounds absolutely delicious. I will definitely try it with the fish I catch on my yearly trip from Southwest Georgia in a couple of weeks.

Bent rods work best!

Comment

Working...
            X