Bass Boat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass Boat

I have a ten foot fiberglass boat, has two swivel seats, the type of boat they sell at Dicks Sporting Goods store.
    I know a lot of you use kayaks, but was wondering if this boat could be used in the trout fishing areas of the Hootch.
    Haven't fished the Hootch, but want to give it a try.
    I think this type of boat only draws six to eight inches of water.
    Boat probably weighs about eighty five pounds.
    Think it would work?

Bass boat

I forgot to mention that I would be fly fishing for trout.
    Will this boat be ok to use ? I guess I would need a trolling moter to get back upstream.

Comment

Bass Boat

Forgot to mention I would be fly fishing for trout.
      Also would I need a trolling motor to get back upstream, or could I paddle it ?

Comment

I guess if it floats, you can definitely use it to fly fish the river with. But I seriously doubt you would be able to row one of those things up river. It is tough enough in a canoe or kayak! You would definitely want a motor or do point A to Point B float with a shuttle.
        Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
        Simple Goat Herder
        Former NGTO President
        Hall of Fame Member

Comment

I've never done a float myself, but I've heard that the golden rule is to motor UP stream first and drift back down. That way if you have some kind of technical difficulty, you are upstream of your truck (ie floating towards it, not away).
          The first thing scripture tells us about man is that we're made in the image of God. The second thing it says is that man should have dominion over the fishes of the sea.

The right flies at the right time: Monthly Fly

Comment

Originally posted by FeatherBender View Post
            I have a ten foot fiberglass boat, has two swivel seats, the type of boat they sell at Dicks Sporting Goods store.
            I know a lot of you use kayaks, but was wondering if this boat could be used in the trout fishing areas of the Hootch.
            Haven't fished the Hootch, but want to give it a try.
            I think this type of boat only draws six to eight inches of water.
            Boat probably weighs about eighty five pounds.
            Think it would work?

Get a trolling motor and battery and then head to Abbott's bridge. You'll be able to easily fish for several hundred yards down stream and then motor back up. You'll be able to go upstream to the bridge but the water might be to swift for you to go past that point will depend on weight and motor power. With a trolling motor you'll need to have it registered.

Bull Slice lake would be another good spot.

Comment

Sounds like this 4hp might work for you.

http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/foru...ad.php?t=81235
              Keith M
              Alpharetta, GA

Comment

Working...
              X