Bikepacking fishing trip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bikepacking fishing trip

I want to combine mountain bike trail ride with back country camping and stream fishing. In other words, I want to load my mountain bike with camping and fly gear, ride into the back country and camp/fish in a remote location for two nights minimum. Is there anyplace you would suggest a trip like this could happen and actually have a good chance at catching some trout for the campfire?

ZG....I've done this quite a bit lately.....well....not the overnight part. I can cover so much ground using the bike...that I typically only need to do day trips.

I usually just truck camp at a nearby developed campground. Drive to the trailhead and use the bike from there.

PM me and I'll give you at least three areas where you can combine mountain biking and trout fishing.....one of which is a place where you can do the overnite backcountry trip.

The Drifter

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by zoovegroover View Post
      I want to combine mountain bike trail ride with back country camping and stream fishing. In other words, I want to load my mountain bike with camping and fly gear, ride into the back country and camp/fish in a remote location for two nights minimum. Is there anyplace you would suggest a trip like this could happen and actually have a good chance at catching some trout for the campfire?
      I'll send you a PM.
      Mountains to Marsh

Comment

Just don't get your waders caught in the bike chain
        "Lord, if you can't make me a better boy, don't worry about it. I'm having a real good time like I am."

Comment

Working...
        X