This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep.

Lots of the members mentioned at the beginning of this thread kinda ''showed me the ropes'' when it came to fishing around GA.

Plus there were a couple guys I met later when I went to UGA as an undergrad that I fished with a bunch as well. I owe this site for a few good fishing trips + good times.

So glad this site still exists, and I literally logged on to post this...as I usually just lurk

cheers from Berlin, Germany
    -ATB

Comment

Well it has been quite a while since I've posted here. I lurk mostly, but used to be quite active as I was getting into the sport. Through NGTO, I learned to tie flies and even made my own rod! Anytime I have a friend wanting me to teach them how to fly fish, I make sure that they bookmark this site!
      My favorite event that has gone by the wayside (but I would LOVE to see come back) is the Frostbite excursion to the Nantahala. I went to all but one of those, and I still go up to Brookside whenever I can. Those were great times, with great guys and great bbq! I would be interested in reviving it if anyone wants to help (Grizz?)

Steve
      "That's Pitt. You hate Pitt now. You will hate Pitt tomorrow. You will hate Pitt your whole life. And you will hate Pitt after you die." -Jack Fleming's mother

Comment

Originally posted by Mountaineerfan View Post
        Well it has been quite a while since I've posted here. I lurk mostly, but used to be quite active as I was getting into the sport. Through NGTO, I learned to tie flies and even made my own rod! Anytime I have a friend wanting me to teach them how to fly fish, I make sure that they bookmark this site!
        My favorite event that has gone by the wayside (but I would LOVE to see come back) is the Frostbite excursion to the Nantahala. I went to all but one of those, and I still go up to Brookside whenever I can. Those were great times, with great guys and great bbq! I would be interested in reviving it if anyone wants to help (Grizz?)

Steve
        Man, is your timing GOOD!

See the cuurent thread in the Events forum.

Good to see you again Steve.

-George

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        "What's his offense?"
        "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
        ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

Man... I started reading this thread and got stuck in memory lane. Next thing I know I've been browsing the board for a couple of hours. It's still a great community after all these years ☺
          KB

Comment

Welcome back Kerry. Are you still in CO fishing for greenbacks?
            The Drifter

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram

Comment

Hey Kerry!

Comment

Hey y'all!
                No.. Unfortunately not. All my money goes to Clemson atm. My daughter is going into her sophomore year there.
                I get out some but not nearly as much as I'd like.
                I fished an un-named Creek a couple of weeks ago with my son. We did pretty well. It was good to be back in the woods
                KB

Comment

3rd times a charm

I've come and gone 3times now over the last15 years or so. All in all NGTO has always had a great group of members. I've had many good times with guys like the Ole Man and Greg. Hope to hook up with you guys again soon. Keep up the good work.
                  Pete in Acworth

Comment

Hello everyone

I haven't been around for a long time and sure miss a lot of old friends.

Comment

Who Originated NGTO

Hey Coach! Great to hear from you! You should try to make the Fling on April 1st.
                      The Drifter

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram

Comment

Where did the time go? It's been fun reading old posts by and about old friends. Aaron sightings are scarce even though we go to many of the same events down here!
                        "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." The Wind in the Willows

Comment

Hey Java--been a looong time. Good to see you back here.

Comment

Working...
                          X