Sunscreen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by countrybuckaroo View Post
    I always wear light colored (tan) long work pants from wallyworld and a long sleeve white t-shirt when I am out on the lake plus a hat. Have you ever noticed that a lot of lawn care workers wear long pants and long sleeve t-shirts?
    And they will work even better to keep the UV off if you get some Ritz Sun Guard and it to the wash. It provides an spf 30 to your clothes.
    RoyC

I'm not Retired, Fishing is a Full-Time JOB!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyC View Post
      And they will work even better to keep the UV off if you get some Ritz Sun Guard and it to the wash. It provides an spf 30 to your clothes.
      Many thanks, Roy! I was totally ignorant about that. Picking some up today!!!

Where to buy Rit Sun Guard Laundry Treatment UV Protectant ?

RIT Sun Guard provides protection against color fading from the sun's UV rays. It may be purchased at any retail outlet which sells RIT dyes. Typically grocery, drug, and large retail outlets will carry RIT Sun Guard.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

Comment

File this under something new everyday.

I have a fishing shirt that I wear all the time, which has what looks like a rust ring around the neck. Guess what it is? Rust, but it never showed up until after I washed the shirt.

Apparently, most sunscreens contain avobenzone or butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane, if you have high iron in your water (which I did from a bad water-heater) this chemical will react with the iron in the water and leave rust stains on your clothes where they have touched the sunscreen. So I put sunscreen on my neck it rubs off onto my shirt I wash the shirt and bam rust stain. Anyway, they say you can use a sunscreen with titanium oxide or zinc oxide instead of avobenzone and it won't happen.
        “There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.” - Aldo Leopold

Concede parum, nega frequenter, distingue semper - St. Thomas Aquinas

'Stand by the roads, and look and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is and walk in it, and find rest for your souls'. Jeremiah 6:16

"Wonder is the desire for knowledge" - St. Thomas Aquinas

Comment

You learn something new every day.....
          Thanks for the learning experience Jason......
          BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
          Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

A horse of a different color!

I used to use various sunscreens until I noticed one of the side benefits of the vitamins my wife was giving me. Now all I do is take the pills regularly and I never get sunburned or very rarely. It is called Hawaiian Astaxanthin from BioAstin and is touted as Nature's highest antioxidant. I don't know about that, but I never get sunburned anymore even when I go to the beach wit a little common sense. Oh, by the way I was always very susceptible to get getting burned prior to using this. Decide for yourself.

Comment

I use Cotz by Fallene. My dermatologist recommended it. It has titanium and Zinc in it. It is a true 60 spf. None of the other sunscreens can compare to this one except few others with metallic emulsions. Using long sleeved shirts and pants and a buff also helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                File this under something new everyday.

I have a fishing shirt that I wear all the time, which has what looks like a rust ring around the neck. Guess what it is? Rust, but it never showed up until after I washed the shirt.

Apparently, most sunscreens contain avobenzone or butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane, if you have high iron in your water (which I did from a bad water-heater) this chemical will react with the iron in the water and leave rust stains on your clothes where they have touched the sunscreen. So I put sunscreen on my neck it rubs off onto my shirt I wash the shirt and bam rust stain. Anyway, they say you can use a sunscreen with titanium oxide or zinc oxide instead of avobenzone and it won't happen.
                Similar issue happens on the boat when rinsing with some well water.

Comment

Not sunscreen but I have to mention how much I like Jungle Juice. It's 98+% DEET and works like a charm. REI carries it. Ain't no bugs on me.

Sent from Sietch Tabr. The sleeper must awaken.
                  “There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.” - Aldo Leopold

Concede parum, nega frequenter, distingue semper - St. Thomas Aquinas

'Stand by the roads, and look and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is and walk in it, and find rest for your souls'. Jeremiah 6:16

"Wonder is the desire for knowledge" - St. Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Working...
                  X