KIDS FISHING DAY SIGN UP THREAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KIDS FISHING DAY SIGN UP THREAD

Ok, RScott is tied up and has volunteered me to head this thing up.

FIRST - let me emphasize that it is important that we have a presence there. There is a perception among some folks outside of our organization that NGTO is a nice forum where people talk fishing, sometimes complain, but do very little. We are just talkers, write nice checks once in a while but are not active.

Let's be honest, it has been a while since we did anything "active" as a group. This is our chance to change that perception and get involved in a worthwhile cause.

I need volunteers to help kids rig up, tie knots, unhook fish, untangle lines, and threaten adults who try and horn in on the fresh stockers.

June 4th at Jones Bridge Gwinnett County park, the event is from 9:00 to 1:00 so I would get there at 8:00 to avoid the crowds. Even if you can only help for a couple of hours it will help.

I am thinking about asking RScott to fish soon so there is a good chance I will be able to steal his fly box and hand out his flies to those that volunteer. Then again, that may not appeal to that many of you.

Please respond if you are able to help and PM me your name and email address so I can pass it along to Janice at Gwinnett County who is heading this up.

I have high expectations and look forward to seeing lots of responses.
    http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

[

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

I am a definite maybe due to an important birthday that wouldn't be good if I miss.

I probably can be there, so I will volunteer for "managing" a kid angler or two and will bring my own hooks, shot, nippers and bandaids / neosporin. I will leave the adult idiot management to you.

If we have enough folks sign up, we could do a quick "intro to flyfishing" maybe a tying demo as well.
    RScott

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

Comment

I should be able to help
      sigpic
      ad illudendum , et in sibilum

"Laughter is my drug of choice"
      - B. Nelson, HSD, AA, BS, MS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, FFF CCI, ACI, PADI AD, OPP, OCD, ADHD, ODD, PIB, MIB, PBR, PB & J, General Manager of the World, Fluent in Sarcasm

TBoy to GB: "An education doesn't fix stupid, you're living proof of that "

"Your a Idiott" - RScott

I Beat Tommy King in a Spelling Bee.

Comment

I'll try to be there, but I'll have my kids in tow so I won't be good for much other than keeping them out of trouble, and sneaking a peak at RScott's fly box.

DD F
        Fly Fisherman - Part Entomologist, Part Meteorologist, Part Ichthyologist, Part Hydrologist, All Liar.

Comment

Ok Browniez said he might make it and has agreed to give all volunteers detailed specific areas that hold the monster Browns.
          http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

[

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

Comment

I'll be available for just about anything (wearing my KFD/OAD vest of many hooks and sinkers.)

I'll also volunteer for knot tying, if there is any interest or attraction.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
              Ok Browniez said he might make it and has agreed to give all volunteers detailed specific areas that hold the monster Browns.
              Oh the things we do for children
              I like em big fat and sloppy.

Comment

I am a definite maybe. If I don't have to pick up my son in Charleston, I'll be there.

Comment

I'd be interested but would rather use artificials, versus bait. Gut hooking fish is not on my want-to-do list.

Comment

If it helps a child catch his or her first fish, I'll be fine with any legal bait, including a blob of Velveeta mushed around a treble hook.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

Comment

Count me in Big-T. I will PM you my contact information. Thanks for organizing.

Comment

A fantastic event!

These Kids' Fishing Events are unbelievably fun! Plan now to be a part of this one (or another around the state) if you possibly can!

By the way, I'll be plugging this particular event (with a tip of the hat to NGTO too) in next week's newspaper columns. Check 'em out!

Best,

Steve

Comment

Depending on if I get my car running right I will be there. So a big maybe.
                          Check out my personal Facebook page Tight Lines Joe of North Georgia and my Instagram Page Tightlinesjoe where I give tips on different tactics, stream reports and pictures of Georgia trout!

Team Georgia Competitive Fly Fishing Team now has a Facebook Page and an Instagram Page . Check them out for great information, pictures and events!

New to fly fishing? Check out Monthlyfly.com For localized Match The Hatch Flies mailed to your door!

Comment

T, did you get my PM?

Also, I have an ultralight outfit, but not many lures. I don't know much about luring fishing for trout. Does anyone have any trout size inline spinners and such the kids could use? Thx in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by kbrunson View Post
                              T, did you get my PM?

Also, I have an ultralight outfit, but not many lures. I don't know much about luring fishing for trout. Does anyone have any trout size inline spinners and such the kids could use? Thx in advance.
                              Kyle - with the number of lines in the water, throwing a spinner may not be the best idea. Once you see it you will understand, but I will look through my stuff and bring a couple
                              RScott

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

Comment

Working...
                              X