Weekend report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend report

After a round of golf on Friday, headed up into the mountains for a weekend of camping, hiking, and fishing. After a little bit of difficulty finding a good campsite Friday night, we got settled in. I went searching for some brook trout up feeder streams Saturday in between relaxing around the fire.

This morning, the wife, dog, and I went for a hike up another feeder stream. I had a monster brook trout jump me off, but this 15+" salamander will have to suffice as evidence for the size of life this stream can support.

I did catch some more fish though and then dropped back down to below the falls for some wild bows to round out the day.

Here's some different angles of the two larger brook trout for perspective sake and because the post didn't have enough pictures.

-skunked

Warning: all posts should be assumed to contain sarcasm and misinformation unless stated otherwise. The opinions shared are not necessarily those of the poster.

Really well done. Congrats. Awesome colors. Were you throwing dry flies only? A couple of those brookies had orange on the belly- really cool.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined..." George Washington

Comment

Beautiful.
      @glennmau

Comment

Originally posted by Streamside Sam View Post
        Really well done. Congrats. Awesome colors. Were you throwing dry flies only? A couple of those brookies had orange on the belly- really cool.
        Mostly dry flies only. I did run the dry dropper for a few holes, but couldn't keep fish hooked on the pt when I did get bites.

Mods: apologies for posting this in the wrong forum.
        -skunked

Warning: all posts should be assumed to contain sarcasm and misinformation unless stated otherwise. The opinions shared are not necessarily those of the poster.

Comment

Awesome report. Isn't that salamander a hellbender?

I really need to get up to North Georgia after my first brookie...

Comment

Awesome report.
            Gorgeous fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by djangofly View Post

Same!Splatek seems to know his way around pretty well...He has a great report too in the North GA Fishing section.
              @glennmau

Comment

Ditto, awesome report. Pretty fish!
                "Why me Lord what have I ever done to deserve even one of the pleasures I've known" - Kris Kristofferson

Comment

Originally posted by djangofly View Post

Saves me some googling. Yes, it was a hellbender. Mellow little guy.
                  -skunked

Comment

Working...
                  X