X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgia Bass Slam

http://georgiawildlife.com/fishing/a...eorgiaBassSlam

Sounds like a fun thing to do.

heck yeah. I'm working on the AL equivalent. I still need Smallmouth, Shoal, and Chattahoochee.
    I've got LM, Spot, Coosa, Tallapoosa, Cahaba, and Warrior down.
    Resident Tenkara Nerd

Comment

Excellent Summer project!!!!

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

Comment

I finished the Georgia Bass Slam this morning with a Bartram's bass taken in the South Fork of the Broad River. Others taken were Smallmouth, Largemouth, Shoal and Spotted. Fun summer time project.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by fredw View Post
          I finished the Georgia Bass Slam this morning with a Bartram's bass taken in the South Fork of the Broad River. Others taken were Smallmouth, Largemouth, Shoal and Spotted. Fun summer time project.
          Congrats Fred! I only need any 4 more other than a Largemouth LOL.

Debbie and I have been trying for the Suannee bass and have floated the canoe down quite a few miles of the Withlacoochee but so far haven't connected. We will keep at it though because the slam is on her bucket list. The water has been high all summer.

Comment

Originally posted by flyway View Post
            Congrats Fred! I only need any 4 more other than a Largemouth LOL.

Debbie and I have been trying for the Suannee bass and have floated the canoe down quite a few miles of the Withlacoochee but so far haven't connected. We will keep at it though because the slam is on her bucket list. The water has been high all summer.
            Jamey, that's a special fish in my mind. Nice gator you got!

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/Fly-Fishing-R.../dp/1546666443

I lurk over on the drake forum and this guy is kinda starting a grass roots movement to protect their habitat. Pretty interesting stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              "I don't hate trout fishing, just the people who trout fish."
              -Our friend Nam, but secretly Ret

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Originally posted by troutbum69 View Post
                https://www.amazon.com/Fly-Fishing-R.../dp/1546666443

I lurk over on the drake forum and this guy is kinda starting a grass roots movement to protect their habitat. Pretty interesting stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                He had posted here when the book came out. I picked up a copy it is a good one to have.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

it's a killer book. I've "guided" him on one of my favorite redeye streams, and supplied him with photos and info to assist in his research.

He's down at Auburn working on his PhD now, studying redeye hybridization levels, to establish a baseline for (at least?) AL drainage redeye bass.
                  Resident Tenkara Nerd

Comment

Our own Dredger is closing in on the Slam via fly tackle.

Comment

Originally posted by fredw View Post
                      Jamey, that's a special fish in my mind. Nice gator you got!
                      Thanks Fred, it was a good fight and my best gator yet!

Debbie has caught a few Suwannee bass but not since the slam challenge started. Suwannee bass.jpg

I can't say for sure I have ever caught one but may have and didn't know what it was.

We will keep working on that slam! Congrats again!

Comment

For those of you catching smallmouth bass in GA, are you fishing lakes or streams?

Thanks

Comment

A buddy and I are headed up y'alls way from Baton Rouge tomorrow to finish out our redeye bass slam and hopefully complete a Georgia bass slam too.
                          Mountains to Marsh

Comment

Bass Slammers

From Dredger's Weekly Report, here are some tips for Slammers.

Georgia Bass Slam How-To
                            Hereís everything you need to know to achieve the Bass Slam yourself. Itís a lot of fun, so give it a try before Novemberís cool water starts to cool off the bite for many river bass species. From contest rules to species IDís to good spots, check out this page:
                            https://georgiawildlife.com/fishing/...eorgiaBassSlam

Comment

Originally posted by fishtaco View Post
                              A buddy and I are headed up y'alls way from Baton Rouge tomorrow to finish out our redeye bass slam and hopefully complete a Georgia bass slam too.
                              Waters are getting low here in AL, not sure about (bass) waters in GA
                              Resident Tenkara Nerd

Comment

Working...
                              X